The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 22, 2020, 10:04 PM   #26
BJung

I use an RCBS balance, a Harbor Freight electronic balance, and a weight caliber set I bought on Ebay. Both the balance and the scale match. I like using the balance for powder measuring and the electronic scale to separate bullets and finished cases by weight.
Old March 23, 2020, 06:15 PM   #27
603Country

My RCBS 1010 scale hasn’t seen daylight in maybe 10 years. I switched to a PACT electronic for a few years, and still have it. Bought a Lyman 1200 DPS 3 and used it for maybe 6 or 8 years till it died. Replaced it with an RCBS Chargemaster.

When the Lyman died, I dragged out the Lyman 55 powder thrower. I was almost finished all the loading when the Lyman died, but still had 20 or 30 rounds to load. So, going with that setup, I was reminded just how slow the process is without the Lyman. Not going back to a beam scale. No way.
Old March 23, 2020, 06:25 PM   #28
mikejonestkd

After learning on a beam scale i eventually graduated to a digital scale.
For my needs the digital is SO much easier and more than accurate enough for me.

I currently have a RBCS rangemaster scale and a 1500 chargemaster dispenser. both are consistent and reliable.