The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 30, 2020, 08:34 PM   #1
the45er

This post was locked out of the LC&R forum

For reasons I'm not sure I understand. So, I'm going to post it again here. It was a valid and purposeful piece of information for me and I hope it is for you. Definitely something for each of us to think about.

Something important to think about
By shear chance I came across a book on my Kindle entitled Violence of Mind by a guy named Varg Freeborn. I downloaded the sample and was immediately hooked on the book and am reading it now.

The author has already covered many things about violent confrontations and managing them but one thing I just read last night needs to be shared with all of you that surf the net on gun forums, FB and other social media outlets.

99.99% of you guys, I'm sure, never want to have to use your weapon on another human being. I sure pray that I never have to do that, but I'm a concealed carry licensee and as I get older, am glad I have the ability to protect my life and health. However, like many of you I'm sure, I have been guilty of commenting on the net regarding how some bad guy deserved what he got in a robbery or how I'd "kill anyone who came into my house with malintent". The author certainly woke me up as to how stupid and dangerous such "tough guy" language is and how it could definitely be used against you even in a situation where you defended yourself and were 100% justified in doing so!

My internet couch "tough guy" language is definitely over. I hope book endorsements aren't disallowed on this forum and I apologize if I broke some rule, but this book is definitely worth the read.

Have a great day!
Old April 30, 2020, 09:12 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

And this one will be locked here in General, not because it is off topic and didn't follow the published guidelines for the L&CR forum which is clearly why your thread in that forum was closed, but because you posted it as a duplicate of your earlier thread: https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=606787

As you can see, that one remains open.
Closed Thread