The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 22, 2024, 12:34 AM   #76
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
How on earth anyone would think its spelled GLock is befuddling at best.
So, I'm befuddled. Possibly by the fact that all the letters are not the same SIZE and also that apparently when it comes to GLOCK some people can't (or won't) take a joke.

Of course, unlike a certain advertising campaign, I never claimed to be "Perfection".
Old February 22, 2024, 06:45 AM   #77
TunnelRat

What is the appeal of Glock handguns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
So, I'm befuddled. Possibly by the fact that all the letters are not the same SIZE and also that apparently when it comes to GLOCK some people can't (or won't) take a joke.

Of course, unlike a certain advertising campaign, I never claimed to be "Perfection".

Not all jokes are as funny as the teller might think; open mic night at a comedy club is a painful reminder of that.

That said, if you had stated, “I do it this way to poke fun of Glock and its fans”, I personally would have responded, “Okay”. When you instead say that people should look at the logo more closely and the logo isn’t the same as what you had been typing, then yes some people will point out the differences. Is that pedantic? Probably, but I can think of other past discussions on this forum that could also be argued to have been pedantic.

Last edited by TunnelRat; February 22, 2024 at 07:01 AM.
Old February 22, 2024, 09:49 AM   #78
dogtown tom

Quote:
44 AMP

So, I'm befuddled. Possibly by the fact that all the letters are not the same SIZE
Yet THEY ARE. The letter you claim is a capital "L" is...... wait for it.....the exact same size as the "OCK". They are ALL capital letters. The letter "G" encompassing the others. It's a LOGO. Logos are logos. And that logo isn't spelled "GLock".

Your claim was that only the "G" and "L" were caps.....its clear they aren't.

Quote:
and also that apparently when it comes to GLOCK some people can't (or won't) take a joke.
Oh please.
"But, but, but I was joking" is only applicable when actually making a joke. You weren't. You were either blind to the fact that "LOCK" in the logo are all the same size/font or you really think the brand is "GLock". Or you were purposely using "GLock" to be disparaging.

I suppose you think this is "OSiG"?

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old February 22, 2024, 10:54 AM   #79
JohnKSa
Staff

I think we've covered enough ground to satisfy the OP's curiosity.