The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 13, 2017, 08:56 PM   #1
TruthTellers

CAA Roni Carbine Conversions

I remember SHOT 2016 there was a lot of news surrounding the Micro RONI that allowed putting a Glock into clamshell like device that had a buttstock and a rail on the top for optics, but it would legally be an SBR and regular, unimportant people would have to pay the $200 stamp.

Now I'm discovering that CAA has something called the RONI Stab that has a Sig Brace and that means no tax stamp and being able to fire it shouldered.

They also have made a true rifle conversion that includes a 16 inch barrel and collapsible buttstock.

The novelty is there for the stabilizer RONI because it's basically an SBR, but I'm trying to think if it's really something that people could use. IDK, what do you guys think about this?

Then, with the 16 inch carbine, how do you guys think it compares to the Mechtech uppers?
Old December 14, 2017, 09:22 AM   #2
Rangegod

Roni Stab

I have a Roni Stab and love the heck out of it. I've basically dedicated one of my four G19's to it. With the gun inserted it's rock solid, feels like it was built that way, not like it's some kind of add on part. It's very compact folded, fast into action and 100% Glock reliable. What's not to like. With the proprietary WML, a laser, micro red dot and single point sling it is a near perfect PDW for any zero to 50 yard situation.

I owned a Mechtech 1911 upper many years ago and it was reliable and accurate. But, always felt the frame rail attachment was fragile and I hated the fact that it could not be taken down for cleaning.

JAC