The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 23, 2000, 11:54 AM   #1
Bartholomew Roberts

Placed an urgent (UPS Red) order with Botach Tactical for some ordinary everyday web gear that I could have ordered from a dozen different sites on the web on October 6th (went with Botach due to great prices).

Product didn't ship, no word from Botach. Finally, I receive an email from Botach that the product shipped on October 20th, with a shipping fee so large that it can only be UPS Red (naturally, they rush it now that I don't need it). To top it all off, the package I ordered doesn't even arrive as promised.

They have really great prices but is this level of service the average? Looking at their Yahoo business ratings makes it seem as if they are half-competent.

So are my standards for "half-competent" way above Yahoo's or what?
Old October 23, 2000, 03:05 PM   #2
GgnubrKihn

Have ordered from Botach acoupla times and have always gotten what I've ordered but not as fast as hoped. Sometimes it takes a while to recieve all of your order. So if you're in a hurry... . This is pretty much Botach's reputation. the best way discussed on another board to order is call and verify that what you want to order is in stock, then use a CC to order online.
Old October 23, 2000, 08:52 PM   #3
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

I'll never order from Botach again. Several months ago, I ordered an ACOG scope. Several weeks went by and it didn't show up. No email notice, phone calls or anything. So I finally called them.

I found out the scope was backordered. I cancelled my order to only find out that they charged my credit card. It took me calling American Express to get a credit.
Old October 24, 2000, 12:56 AM   #4
house

I agree with every one. I also tryed ordering an Acog scope from them,I actully called them did not order from the web. They said they would ship it out nextday. Thats what i paid for shipping. never showed. called them same as ArmySon it is on back order. Seems they dont have alot of stuff in stock and may be thats why stuff is so cheap they dont carry it and they have the companys of the products ship it out to you.
I cancled my order, and they had charged my card but got the money back. SWFA Has good prices on scopes so check them out and there service is very good.
My 2 cents
House
Old October 24, 2000, 10:43 AM   #5
LIProgun

Two or three Botach orders last year yielded varied results. The two small orders were uneventful and satisfactory. The bigger order was pretty much a disaster, with incorrect merchandise shipped, overcharges, return problems, and generally brain-dead customer service staff.

I doubt I would order from them again unless the bargain was exceptional.
Old October 24, 2000, 10:56 AM   #6
PressCheck

Worst Customer Services I've EVER experienced.

Prices are great, but whats the point if you can't get the merchandise in a timely manner; if at all.

I'll pay more money and shop elsewhere.

[This message has been edited by PressCheck (edited October 24, 2000).]
Old October 24, 2000, 12:20 PM   #7
Ossi

Similar kind of experience as others. Ordered an ACOG, it never came. Called to ask explanation, was promised to be called back, they never called. Faxed cancellation of my order. My card was not charged, I did not get the scope, waste of time and energy. Great prices on paper, but will not order them again to loose time and get telephone bill, but no merchandise.

Ossi
Old October 24, 2000, 02:39 PM   #8
ajw

Unfortunatly they don't have online inventory tracking so I think you should always call in your order. I've never had a problem so far this way though I have to admit, their inventory is not as large as the website.

That said, I have visited and bought from the brick and mortor location as well. Their warehouse is very well stocked on some items while there are plenty of items which they also have zero stock in. For the price though, I think its worth it.
Old October 24, 2000, 03:52 PM   #9
Joe 543

Hit or Miss! Great or Sucks! Good prices, but, you just never know if or when your going to get it.
Old October 24, 2000, 03:59 PM   #10
Fred

Pretty much agree with what's been said already. Used the web site to order first time, won't make that mistake again. Now I call and have them check stock.

By the way, I'm not so sure how accurate those Yahoo ratings are. I was asked by the Yahoo store to rate them and promised a $5 discount on next order for doing so. I complained about their customer service and asked for a response. Never got the response, nor the $5 discount on the next order I called in. When I emailed Yahoo again about not receiving the discount, got no answer again.

------------------
Regards - AZFred
Old October 25, 2000, 09:00 AM   #11
Bartholomew Roberts

Well unfortunately, I mistook their "Order No. XXXX, Your Tracking Number:" as meaning the product had shipped.

Apparently the email 2 weeks after I had placed my original order was just to tell me that my order was back-ordered (in case I hadn't figured that out for myself).

I called yesterday to instruct them to cancel the order. Couldn't get an actual human being to talk to so I had to leave a message.