The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 21, 2000, 08:59 AM   #1
faiello5

How is the quality and functioning of the Dillon leather holsters? Thanks.

Regards,
Frank

Old October 21, 2000, 08:10 PM   #2
Wayne D

Good, the leather is not as thick as DeSantis or as stiff as Galco so I don't know how long it will last. But it only costs half as much, so if it only lasts half as long it's still a good deal. I have the belt slide (or pancake style) belt model. It fits the gun well but not overly tight.

The best thing about it is the belt slots. Whoever designed them should get a raise.
They are cut out in sort of a D shape. It doesn't take 30 minutes to work the belt through the slots, and it doesn't shift around on the belt when you're wearing it. You would think that with the big slots the holster would move, but it doesn't.

I would say that it is a good deal at $40.00.
Old October 21, 2000, 11:24 PM   #3
Grayfox

I've been carrying my Commander in a Dillon LTD for a couple of years now. Still in excellent condition. I consider it a great value for the money.

------------------
Since light travels faster than sound, isn't it logical that some people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Old October 22, 2000, 01:16 AM   #4
Roadrunner

I carry my Glock 23 almost everyday in a Dillon Master holster. I've had this holster for over 3 years and I like it alot. I just received my Dillon's catalog "The Blue Press" and a number of Dillon leather holsters are on sale, $9 to $11 dollars off.

Look into getting a good belt (1 1/2 to 2 inches wide) for your holster. Once I did, it made a great difference.