The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 26, 2015, 11:55 AM   #26
flashhole

You will be very happy with your purchase of the Auto Drum. Others will weigh in but I think the good folks at Lee really hit this one out of the park. Study the working mechanisms when you have some time. It's very innovative. I've weighed several hundred charges both large and small and it amazes me how accurate and repeatable it is.

Are you ready for civil war?
Old December 26, 2015, 12:36 PM   #27
Vance

The auto disk is accurate with most powders, but leaks really bad with very fine powders.
The autodrum is accurate with even more powders, works with very fine powders and large stick powders well. It might leak a little tiny bit with the very fine powders, but not enough to worry about.

The auto disk disks measure out set amounts depending on what hole you use. You can't get the exact powder charge you want unless you modify the disk or buy the adjustable charge bar. The adjustable chrge bar is generally not usable with rifle loads.

The autodrum can be adjusted for any charge you want right out of the box. No modifications or extra parts to buy and is usable for rifle charges. You can buy extra drums for the autodrum so you can leave each one set for the caliber you use it with. They are inexpensive and easy to switch out.