The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 3, 2010, 06:44 PM   #1
ClydeFrog

LE-spec ops DV camera/red laser dot/white light...

Do any TFL members know if the new high tech digital video(DV) camera/red dot laser aiming system/white light is still on the US market?

I saw a magazine ad for it about 6-8mo ago but I have not seen it on sale or any news about it. The unit fits 1913 tactical rails on most duty size pistols; Glock SIG HK S&W Beretta etc.

The MSRP was about $400.00. It seemed steep but worth it for the DV system and bright LED type flashlight.

PM me or post a website link if you have the skinny, .
Old June 4, 2010, 10:27 AM   #2
WC145

Burris Shotcam? It's the only thing I can find with those features.

Midway has factory refurbished ones for $206, all the prices I saw for new ones are $500 plus.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...campaign=19779
Old June 6, 2010, 10:39 AM   #3
ClydeFrog

Thanks WC! BurrisOptics.com Sureshotcam...

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

thank you WC, your "keyboard Columbo" skills are better than mine(just slightly, )

That SureShotcam is what I was posting about. I'm not sure if it's ready for "primetime" but the features & design show merit.
It looks like the DV cam/white light would be best suited for estate protection or home defense more that spec ops/SWAT/LE/patrol use.

www.Burrisoptics.com

from the Midway-USA.com closeout/factory 2nd status, it looks like Burris may not be selling or marketing this product in a big way. The steep MSRP turns a lot of US gun owners & law enforcement chiefs/supervisors. I'd think this Sureshot DV unit would fall into the gadgets & gizmos bin for most of these LE-security/protective services or active duty military troops.
With the weak economy & budget cuts/reductions, few public safety agencies or armed citizens will buy this add-on.