The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 6, 2023, 01:30 PM   #1
Ghost Cobray

New to the group and have a question

Good afternoon everybody. I am new to the group and am unfamiliar with forums in general. I found The Firing Line looking for people that are familiar or own a SMG Cobray M11-9mm. I've spent a ton of time learning all I can about this gun since pulling it out of my closet after over 10 years. The buffer pad that's attatched to the plate that holds the guide rod, spring and ejector rod in the bolt was in bad shape. It's basically to protect the bolt from being beat up by the plate. I ordered some impact and heat resistant neoprene and made a few of them. I cut the guide rod hole corner out of the pad so I didn't need to remove the tiny roll pin in the guide rod. I just need to remove the ejector rod and slide the pad into place and put the ejector rod back in. I've seen people posting about their M11 and that's why I joined. If anyone needs or wants extra buffer pads, feel free to let me know. I also own a 9mm S&W hammer less pistol, a 9mm Barreta, a Springfield SD .40cal, a Springfield XDS .45cal and a Kimber micro .380. Thanks in advance. Salute.

Last edited by Mal H; April 6, 2023 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Edit out sales text
Old April 7, 2023, 01:45 AM   #2
44 AMP
Staff

welcome to TFL

I had a Cobray M11/9 semi auto back in the 80s. Fun to pretend with, since actual full auto was prohibited where I lived and hugely expensive where it was legal. Utterly useless and totally unsatisfactory as a "regular" handgun.

Since you're asking about the SMG variant, I'll move the thread to our full auto subforum, where people with the experience you're asking about are more likely to see it and respond.

Welcome to The Firing Line!

Tags
cobray , m11-9mm , new to forum