The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 8, 2009, 06:37 PM   #176
jontz

Holy dead thread Batman!
Old November 8, 2009, 07:32 PM   #177
Piper Cub

Seems to be a lot of young kids here. The M-11 style was around in the 1950's. Nothing new guys...kinda like a Uzi. They however are built well. Mine never jams and shoots any 9mm you put in the 32 round magazines. More of a toy however as it kinda big to CC...brings a lot of oooos and ahhhs at the range,
The MPA is an improved version of the M-11.
Old November 8, 2009, 07:37 PM   #178
spodwo

Necro Post for sure....
Old November 8, 2009, 08:33 PM   #179
stormyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyvel - On a 2 year old thread.
So... What you are saying is that when you hold one and actually manage to put a piece of lead on a target you can judge then?
Old August 22, 2014, 11:49 AM   #180
Ulysses S Garand

Dead post extraordinaire!

MAC's are not 'thug guns' that is a hollywood archetype that the libertards have latched onto. It's like saying a semi-auto AK style weapon is a terrorist gun. I thought a gun forum of all places would understand that.

I mean, MAC's are not exactly a concealable weapon, and I've never seen a 'gangsta' struttin around with one out in the open.

It's an interesting Firearm design, and today several manufacturers make fairly reputable close bolt semi-auto versions of them. Amongst them is Masterpiece Arms, which to my knowledge is the only company actively modernizing the design.

My Masterpiece arms features a very nice set of Iron sights, A new Grip, and most importantly, a trigger disconnect. The gun doesn't bite anymore when I pull the trigger.

I've got a carbine model however as I find the pistols very difficult to handle thanks to the ostentatious weight of the gun. It is a very fun, surprisingly accurate weapon and I have never had an FTF with it.

I'm so glad to see my fellow Fire-arm enthusiasts are so prone to stereotypes.

Happy Hunting, Folks.
Old August 22, 2014, 12:36 PM   #181
RX-79G

This is the "modernized" version of a relatively unsuccessful US military submachinegun. It was pretty much uncontrollable on full auto without a suppressor attached that made the final size of the gun so large a much more useful firearm could have been substituted, like an Uzi or MP5.

While terrorists are sometimes associated with the AK (since Communist countries tended to gift them to "revolutionaries"), we are well aware that the Kalishnikov line were also front line military rifles.

The MAC family does not have any such history, and have probably been fired more in Compton than in actual combat zones. It is not a firearm that does much of anything well, so its commercial appeal has more to do with its appearance rather than construction or capabilities.

Even if there was a lot of interest on this forum for spraying 9mm out of a moving SUV, I doubt these guns would be a popular choice.
Old August 22, 2014, 12:43 PM   #182
Spats McGee
Staff

This thread is 8 years old and the original link no longer works. What say we let this one die in peace?