The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 3, 2016, 09:52 AM   #26
Bucksnort1

Doyle,

There is one everywhere you go. Too funny. I refuse to use LOL. Oops, I just did.
Old February 3, 2016, 11:03 AM   #27
F. Guffey

In England there was a request for volunteers: information was rather straightforward. One B17 to Germany on Christmas day, no ammo, no guns. camera only with a 4 man crew. The mission was a success but the crew and the plane took a beating.

The crew member that operated the camera survived but lost an arm. He became an engineer then began work Ft. Worth, TX working for one of the air craft manufacturers. He had a big interest in shooting and reloading. He took every press available and destroyed them in his efforts modify a press that would allow him to reload.

He then started over by building a press first then adding the hydraulics. He built a magnificent press, it is still running today.

I decided I would build one, my resource person that owns the press said he would put some pieces/parts to together. When I got home with the parts I discovered all of the parts were pneumatic, not hydraulic. Nothing suspect about the cylinders, they are rated at 2,000psi. That does not appear to be a problem but the pistons are 1” in diameter. Anyhow: I got over the urge.

F. Guffey
Old February 5, 2016, 02:27 AM   #28
iraiam

Yep

I had the same issue, I do what many people would call an extreme amount of reloading on a Dillon 550 progressive press, the original ball handle had to go in favor of a 90 degree ball bearing handle, this fixed some of it, now I also rotate arms, and alternate sitting on a stool and standing in front of the press.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason