The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 21, 2001, 11:43 AM   #1
Lavan

Who's in favor of a "Collector" category?

I think it would be terrific. I shoot AND collect guns. I think we would all benefit from it.
We would see neat stuff. Who knows? That oddity at the small gun shop or pawn shop might finance the next Sig P210 or Barrett .50 cal.
We could look at strange stuff like:

http://www.tech-line.com/hockit/olgun.JPG

I think it would be educational and entertaining and bring a whole new segment of the gun fraternity into TFL.

Collectors like different stuff. Obsolete cartridges, bayonets, antiques, historical guns, etc.

AND a lot of the collector stuff is transferable with no red tape.

What do you think?
Old November 21, 2001, 09:06 PM   #2
C.R.Sam

Devil's advocate.....

Non collector presently finds goodies in nearly all the forums. Rifles, handguns, shootguns etc. Mayhap in doing so, some become interested in collecting.

A collecter forum might become populated with mostly established collecters talkin amongst themselves, with a few lost souls wandering by and of course the occaisional recalcatrant ol coot that wanders through all the forums.

I would dig it but tryin to see from outside my own head. There is historical stuff that has been thrown out on the various existing boards that many might have missed if relagated to the musty cove of collectables.

Wide eyed and broad spectrum curiosity has found me more goodies and knowledge than purpose focused searching.

Sam.....everything has to be somewhere, just usually where I not lookin
Old November 21, 2001, 11:12 PM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Well, we kinda already have that kinda forum...
"The Institute" works very well for that kind of thing.