The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 15, 2015, 04:44 PM   #1
lefty620

Midsize M&P

i really think this would be the perfect carry gun. I love the M&P but the full size is too big and the compact is too small i really think theres a market for it. I like M&Ps better than glocks but i feel the glock 19 has the perfect size. What do yall think?
Old June 15, 2015, 04:49 PM   #2
TunnelRat

I agree but I don't think it will happen. I did a poll about this sometime back and honestly most people seemed happy with either the Compact or Fullsize.
Maintain situational awareness
Old June 15, 2015, 04:53 PM   #3
bedbugbilly

I think it all depends on a person's size and "how" they carry.

I've never held a Glock so can't speak to those or a full to mid-size Smith. I personally carry on the belt with a shirt tail or jacket over it. I normally carry a S & W Model 36 snub revolver or depending on where I'm going, a Ruger SR9. Right now, I'm looking at a Shield primarily because of the size and the slim profile - for me it looks like a good size/weight that won't print. I'm still going to compare it to the M & P Compact (I'm talking 9mm) which has a double stack mag to see - it's just a tad bigger from the videos I've seen comparing the Compact with the Shield but I'm not sure of the thickness for the double stack.

Again though, I think it depends on a person's size and how they carry. I've known folks who can pack a full size 1911 and you'd never know it. I've know others who complain about the weight of a full size (even if it's tuperware) and trying to keep their pants up. In the end . . . it's what works for the person.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old June 15, 2015, 05:04 PM   #4
Cyanide971

Yep, agreed that the Glock 19 is about the perfect size just like these (to me anyway): CZ 100, P-07, & P-01/PCR/CZ75 Compact; Sig P250C/320C; HK P2000; Beretta PX4 Compact; M&P45C, etc., etc.

Tags
carry , glock , m&p , smith and wesson