PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear Rush's rant yesterday?

sumabich
August 9, 2001, 12:04 PM
Rush was talking about a case in California where an elderly couple was court ordered to support their 50 year old son to the tune of over $3000 a month. The son was "bipolar" and had worked as an attorney for 20 years? Does anyone have a link to this article? If this is true, what's next?:barf:

MP Freeman
August 9, 2001, 12:34 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2001/08/03/state1457EDT0103.DTL

DorGunR
August 9, 2001, 12:36 PM
sumabich,
I don't have a link to it...however it was on the nightly news here in Kalifornia a few days ago. :rolleyes:

nswgru1
August 9, 2001, 12:57 PM
My wife has a first cousin that was married to a guy with "bipolar" he is also the guy that went to prison for tax evasion and wouldn't support his three children.

The standing joke is now:

Bipolar? Isn't that just a case of the plain old sorry ass?

Nobody is willing to take responsibility for their own actions anymore.:mad:

sumabich
August 9, 2001, 01:08 PM
MP Freeman thanks! Rush also has it posted on his site at: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_080801/content/stack_aguest.html If this link doesn't work just go to his page and look up yesterdays news. Absolutely undam* believalbe! Too bad both of my parents are dead, I could live pretty well on $3500 a month. Just another example of what's wrong with our Lawyer driven government. Wadda ya call 3 million lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A GOOD START!:barf:

DorGunR
August 9, 2001, 01:25 PM
sumabich,
Ease up on the lawyers bro...there are some good ones out there, buzz_knox and futo uno are a couple that post on this board....and they are good guys.:D

HankB
August 9, 2001, 01:56 PM
So in Kali, elderly parents are responsible for supporting their 50 year old . . . well, I guess the term is "lazy bum."

Hmmm...I wonder how many of those drunken dope heads sleeping in vacant lots or under bridges still have living parents? Wouldn't surprise me a bit now that this precedent has been set if a bunch of ACLU/Legal Aid types start filing suits for support on the behalf of derelicts and other human debris against senior citizens all over Kalifornia.

DorGunR: You're right, it's not proper to paint with too broad a brush and condemn ALL lawyers for the actions of the 98% which are scum.

DorGunR
August 9, 2001, 02:21 PM
HankB Quote:
--------------------------------------------------
"DorGunR: You're right, it's not proper to paint with too broad a brush and condemn ALL lawyers for the actions of the 98% which are scum."
--------------------------------------------------

hehehehe :D

clem
August 9, 2001, 08:40 PM
OUTRAGIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clem

Don Gwinn
August 9, 2001, 08:44 PM
There's such a thing as an innocent, decent person destroyed by bipolar disorder, too.

This man is neither a decent lawyer nor a decent bipolar patient. He is simply indecent. Anyone who would do such a thing to his own parents deserves bipolar disorder along with frightening hallucinations of demons to comfort him in the night for the next 20 years while his parents struggle to support him.

I have a soft spot for my parents, and unless they abused you in some way, you should have a soft spot for yours too. :mad:

paratrooper
August 9, 2001, 09:33 PM
What's with this $3500 a month stuff ???? Live in the basement and come up for meals . You want spending money ??? Hit the dumpsters for cans !!!

David Park
August 10, 2001, 01:24 AM
Yes, I think it's a lousy ruling, but did you notice that the parents are pulling in $20,000 a month! I think they can spare some change for their son.

Dakota Law Dog
August 10, 2001, 04:05 AM
If my son thinks he's living with me when he's 50, and he ain't supporting me, (I'll be 77 then), then he's got another thing comin'!

Hal
August 10, 2001, 04:48 AM
Yes, I think it's a lousy ruling, but did you notice that the parents are pulling in $20,000 a month! I think they can spare some change for their son.
I respectfully disagree. The parent's income shouldn't have anything to do with it. Even if they made 20 million a month, and were ordered to pay only 300 dollars a month it would still be wrong. Don't let the dollar figures cloud the issue.

nswgru1
August 10, 2001, 07:37 AM
Thank you RAE. I just KNEW somebody was going to bring up the 20K a month issue. That has absolutely nothing to do with it. Mr Park do you not think these people (parents) didn't work hard to get to the point where they get 20K a month?

sumabich
August 10, 2001, 11:01 AM
DorGunR, true not all lawyers are bad (98% is probably close) We need the few good ones to fight the others. My lament is that every facet of our lives is being impacted by new and improved laws and rules. All bills in state and federal legislature are being crafted by lawyers and pretty soon, plain comman sense will not prevail. This case is a great example. Last week I read about a woman on the east coast who had her self impregnated by her husband's sperm TWO years after he DIED. Now she is sueing to get death benifits for her children from social security. This case is being litigated as we speak. :eek: We need a 10 year moritorium on new bills and let our legislature spend the next 10 years reviewing what we have and get rid of some of it. Sure that's gonna happen!

David Park
August 11, 2001, 03:00 AM
I guess some of you missed the first part of my post where I said, "Yes, I think it's a lousy ruling." I was just amazed at the parents' monthly income, especially since I think the father is retired. Good investments?

If it weren't for his parents, I'm sure California would have no problem spending tax money to take care of this guy. :rolleyes: