PDA

View Full Version : Any other "young" shooters in the Greater LA/OC area?

twoblink
August 7, 2001, 12:32 PM
I live in Pasadena, and was wondering if there were any other "young" (30 or under) shooters in the greater LA/OC area...

If so, let's get together sometime and go shooting! I find that there is a serious lack of gun owners and shooters who are young. The only other young people I see are the hoodlems at the range, who don't know the first thing about gun safety (from the way they practice, or better said, DON'T practice gun safety) and it's frustrating.

Also, it stems from my belief that I'm the only libertarian within a 50 mile radius of pasadena who is under 30 years of age.

If you are a gun owner / gun advocate, under 30, and live in the greater LA/OC area, let me know! Let's go shooting together sometime.

Albert

C.R.Sam
August 7, 2001, 01:43 PM
Check out San Gabriel Valley shooting club. And there is one in El Monte, just across from Pachmiers. Both had quite a few young shooters up till just a few years ago.

Sam.....I don't even have kids under thirty.

twoblink
August 7, 2001, 02:03 PM
Sam, but you are young at heart right? :D

In all seriousness, the quality of shooters in this area, I don't know if it was always like this, but it's really sad. Most I've seen at the range don't practice any type of gun safety, they can't hit paper at 7 yards with any gun they bring, and they laugh and giggle like silly little 6th grade girls (these are the guys I'm talking about) and it just makes me sick.

One of them 3 booths down shot about 6 shots, and then started yelling, "I think that last one hit paper!!" I looked, and it was at 7 yards. They all started to giggle, and the guy tossed a loaded gun to his friend and reeled in his target to see the "one" hole that was on it from 6 shots. I'm not too fond of people who toss loaded guns as if they are in a John Woo movie...

I've been to that range, some a cool, but I've seen so many horrible gun owners it makes me both sick and sad...

Albert

CITADELGRAD87
August 7, 2001, 03:12 PM
I'm in OC, and share your concerns about the idiiots I see at the range.

THen I saw the qualifications.

Missed it by 6 years...:D

DorGunR
August 7, 2001, 04:02 PM
"I live in Pasadena, and was wondering if there were any other "young" (30 or under)
shooters in the greater LA/OC area...

If you had posted this 30 years ago.....I would have still been too old. :p

PS I live in Orange County.;)

wildkard
August 7, 2001, 07:46 PM
Wow you mean I'm not alone. The only person I know and trust to shoot who is under 30 is my brother.

I actually work in Pasadena, and live about 12 miles west on the 210 from there.

What range do you go to? I'm get to pick up a 10/22 next week, but the range I use I have to go with a member, and can't join myself because I'm 19.

Alex