PDA

View Full Version : Can We Buy Guns Abroad??

Nalapombu
August 5, 2001, 03:59 AM
Hey all,
A friend of mine travels a lot abroad and we were in a discussion the other day about buying firearms in another country. I must admit that I have not the faintest idea if it can be done or not.
If you go to Europe and lets say that you go in a store and see a vintage M1 Garand and it is at a great price. Can you buy it and take it home? Would you have to have it shipped to your FFL and then take ownership of it? Or would you just be out of luck? Would the same laws apply to magazines or spare parts? What if you found a deal on AR-15 30 rounders and wanted to buy them?
Like I said, I don't know but if I were guessing I would say that you would not be allowed to buy any firearm outside of the country. I would think that you could buy parts and such though.
Someone settle this for me.

Nala

PreserveFreedom
August 5, 2001, 04:30 AM
If it is legally importable, you should be able to ship it to an FFL in your area. Wether it is imported by a corporation or a private party, it is still importing it. You should be OK with an M1 Garand, but you won't be able to legally import any high caps.

Note: This is my interpretation of the way things are. I would check all laws before you attempt to import anything.

JB-man
August 5, 2001, 11:08 AM
Yeah, just try it.
Customs will most likely seize them....
I considered getting some Russian stuff when I went there, but was strongly advised against it by the locals, because many people have left Moscow, with nothing....
EVEN, if you did get them out of the country, you gotta keep in mind the Clinton-anti-import "laws"....
US customs may take what's left......
But, maybe there's another way.....
???????????

Libertarian
August 5, 2001, 03:29 PM
My wife just looked over my shoulder and said that she didn't know but after her last birthday she knew that I could buy a broad guns.:D