PDA

View Full Version : Scope mounting

tictac
March 10, 2001, 05:53 PM
I have fitted a Hacko 4-16 to my .243 PSS and bore sighted it in leupold rings. my question is that I had to use a lot of base mount windage adjustment and I am concerned about this. The scope is optically centered. With the windage adjustment set to mid point the scope visually looks off centre from above? I had to push the rear of the scope over to the left by about 2-3mm using the windage adjustment built into the base. When I do my final zero at around 100 yds will the rifles zero be out everywhere else because of this? I have only put 5 rounds through the gun, and with the adjustment set to midpoint the fall of shot was around 5` to the right at 75 yds!

Art Eatman
March 10, 2001, 07:37 PM
If the adjustment with the bases was the same, front and rear, it won't make any difference in hunting. It might make a small difference if you shoot targets at long but unknown ranges, or in some competition like Siloueta where target ranges vary from 100 to 500 meters. Remember that scope mounts for such rifles as the Winchester 94 and the GArand are farther off the centerline of the bore than your 2mm-3mm. 3mm = 1/8", gruffly.

Off the cuff, it sounds like the mounting holes were drilled off the centerline of the bore--or your scope is somehow messed up. Do you have another scope you can stick on it, and check?

Hope this helps, Art