PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Precision Shooting Video

ronl
March 12, 2012, 11:38 PM
Anyone else out there seen the Magpul Precision shooting Video? Some great stuff there. I used their method of shooting while zeroing my rifle Sunday and shot the best three shot group I ever shot, .16". The initial group to verify scope setting was .56. It really worked for me. I was using a Remington 700 SPS .308 in a B&C Medalist A3 stock topped with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20 in Burris Signature rings. I was using my favorite handload for the rifle. If you really want to learn about some long distance precision, I suggest you give the video a good look see. BTW, they were using a .308 to make hits on a 16" plate at a mile!

clcsocal
March 13, 2012, 12:49 AM
Nice, I've wanted to check out their videos, but the price keeps scaring me away. Guess I'll have to give them a try. I really want to see their tactical carbine vid as well.

pturner67
March 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
here's a pretty damn good review

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/foghorn/gear-review-magpul-art-of-the-precision-rifle/

HKFan9
March 13, 2012, 04:55 PM
I like the Magpul Dynamics tapes.. I have the carbine and handgun ones... They bring some things and nice training drills into light... not the end all be all authority... but definitely helpful, and entertaining.

jimmythegeek
March 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
of which I aspire to be. Got a few items on the list before I get to an AR though.

I couldn't see anything really wrong with them. Not like that other video that had the "instructors" demoing firing back to back and rotating around each other. Unlike that one, the Magpul stuff does not show how to cover your partner with your muzzle at any and all opportunities.

They prefer the low ready hold, which is probably better for minimizing an ND. High ready is better for retention if someone gets a paw on the gun.

Chuck M
March 14, 2012, 04:41 PM
Yes I have, Watched it twice as a matter of fact. Very easy to understand and pretty amazing. I am just mad I haven't had the time to get out to a LD range yet.

globalsmack
March 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
awesome video.

Stealth01
March 15, 2012, 05:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree, great video that I have watched multiple times and led me to purchase a bubble level for my 260 Remington! Learned a lot from that video!!