PDA

View Full Version : Trigger recommendations for a Browning BBR 270

Dearhunter61
September 21, 2008, 05:53 PM
All,

I need to replace the trigger on my Browning BBR 270. I bought it about three months ago and it was in perfect condition...except for the trigger pull. For a gun that is at least 25 years old it is immaculate. The only problem is that the trigger was pulling at 7lbs and had a little creep in it. I took it to a gunsmith and he adjusted it down to 3 lbs but the safety does not work. He said he played with the trigger and the best he could do was 6 1/2 lbs and still have the safety work. He went ahead and adjusted it to 3lbs and said if I wanted to have him put it back to 6.5 or 7 lbs he would. I did not want the trigger reset ot 7lbs so I just took it and figured I could replace the trigger. I also wanted to shoot it with a 3lbs trigger.

It performs well with the trigger at 3lbs pull but I am not willing to hunt with it without a safety on it.

So what I need to know is first does anyone know anything about Browning BBRs and how difficult is it to replace their triggers and can they be done keeping the same type of safety? Also what trigger would you recommend?

For those of you familiar with Browning BBRs would replacing the trigger alter the value of the rifle? What would you estimate the value of the rifle to be? Would it be better to have the trigger set back to the way it was and just keep it...I do not really want to do this because I want to hunt with it but if this is a rifle has value I might just keep it and not use it....

Thanks,

Dearhunter61
September 22, 2008, 11:02 PM
Since I did not have any responses I decided to call a gunsmith. What I found out is this....If I remove the factory trigger and put an after market trigger on it it will alter the value of the rifle...and since this is a near mint condition Browning BBR I am simply not willing to do this. The gunsmith did indicate that most likely the trigger and safety somehow is in a bind which prevents it from the safety working so he asked me to bring it in tomorrow and he would see what he can get done.

Dearhunter61
September 23, 2008, 06:01 PM
Well,

I took my rifle down to Bass Pro today and they had a look at it. They found that when the other "gunsmith" had adjusted the trigger he did not adjust the safety...Not sure what this really means...I did not know that when you adjusted triggers you needed to adjust the safety as well for it to work but anyway they were able to adjust it so that the safety works now and in top of that the trigger pull easier and very smooth now!

Thanks for those who read.