PDA

View Full Version : Kel Tec PLR

defjon
January 16, 2008, 07:39 PM
I saw this gun advertised in a magazine. I love the looks (looks like a Star Wars blaster!) and I love the idea of a .223 pistol. Accurate out to 50 + yards is fine with me. It seems like it would be a really fun gun!

The problem is that they aren't in any of the shops around here. In order to get one, I'd have to have a gunshop order me one sight unseen. I have never bought a gun I couldn't touch.

I like to see how a gun feels in my hand, how it points, how all the actions run together and such. I can usually get a feel for if a gun is solid or if it might have problems.

I'd like a PLR--- but buying sight unseen on a gun like this is a little scary. What do you guys think?

chris in va
January 17, 2008, 12:40 AM
All I really remember reading is how LOUD it is with such a short barrel.

wdelack
January 17, 2008, 10:17 PM
Any gun shows in your area? I remember seeing them at the last gun show I went to. I wasn't in the market for one at the time so I didn't look that closely.

Curtis(USAF)
January 18, 2008, 02:14 AM
I have a friend who owns a PLR. Its a crowd pleaser at the range, and nifty if you get the optional hand guard with the forward grip. Its also a good buy if you already own an AR-15 or M4 in 5.56nato (uses the same STANAG mags)

Really loud, Really big muzzle flash.

Not all that particularly useful, but a fun piece to add to your collection. If you don't have an AR-15 or M-4, I'd recommend getting one of those first. You'll get more use out of the rifle, and have the magazines and ammo sitting around waiting when you buy your PLR. Just more reasons to buy Hi cap magazines, and a massive ammo stockpile.

Curious: How do Cali and IL and other Fascist states with Assault weapon bans look at the PLR? It is technically a 'pistol' after all. Is it good as long it doesn't have a forward pistol grip?

hot sauce
January 18, 2008, 07:44 PM
With the right ammo you could probably light a cigar with the flash.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zmtjw0RD0

Thats not my vid btw, just something I found a while back showing night fire. I like when he says,"I got it on sale!" LOL!