The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 28, 2001, 04:57 PM   #1
tuc22

After dropping my Burris Landmark spotting scope off the bench and dinging the edge of the objective lens cover I came up with the idea of wrapping a skinny bicycle inner tube in two places where contact is most likely (near the big objective lens and at the widest point on the body near the eyepiece) and finishing off the wrapping with electrical tape. It looks fine and may provide the protection I need the next time the scope takes a little fall.
Old January 28, 2001, 07:03 PM   #2
jsn

Burris LandMark

If you don't mind telling me,how do you like your landmark?? I am thinking about buying one but have never had a chance to use or look at one first hand,the specs at Burris look good and for the money I think it will do what I need. can you see a .224 hole at 300yds? that would be the max limit of my use so if it will do that everything else I would use it for should be fine. If you happen to wear Glasses(like me) can you use it with them on and still get a full field of view?

John
Old January 30, 2001, 01:55 PM   #3
tuc22

I like my Landmark, it's a good scope for the money. I'd say it's a little better than a Bushnell Sentry (very popular) and maybe as good as a Nikon Sky and Earth. As for .224 holes at 300 yds., even under optimum conditions at 45X, I don't know. My guess is that it is difficult for even the best scopes. In good light, 200yds max.