View Single Post
Old June 15, 2005, 11:38 PM   #48
Metellus

ammo

I struggle with this all the time. I usually choose between a 5 shot revolver with no reloads (5), a glock 32 with no reloads (13), a 1911 (8)with no reloads, or a glock 17 with 2 reloads (19x3). With the first three I can wear IWB and a normal shirt and nobody notices I have a firearm. With the glock 17 and two mags I need to wear a 5.11 vest to cover it up. So do I really need 57 (19x3) rounds? The one time I was violently attacked was in Washington, D.C. where handguns, pepperspray, knives, everything is basically illegal unless you are a criminal. And there were more than 5 attackers and I was beat pretty bad since I fought off the first guy (didn't see his buddies who were behind me). I had no weapons since I was returning from a work function in a federal building that checked for weapons. And I was in the public metro subway system riding back to Virginia.

Anyway I think back to that and wonder if having my 5 shot would have made a difference. I think so in that with these cowards if I shot up the first guy the rest probably would have run instead of stood their ground and fight. There's always a chance some scumbag will stand and fight and so my 57 rounds might come in handy but I think most criminals will high tail it out of there. So my 13 round glock32 or even 5 shot revolver is better than nothing. But if I wear some extra clothing my glock 17 comes with me. can't hurt to have extra ammo. And I'm still pissed off at laws that left my life in the hands of criminals that fateful night.

Page generated in 0.02543 seconds with 8 queries