View Single Post
Old January 14, 2008, 05:00 PM   #17
Tanzer

Thanks Lurper,
I may have over-emphasized the whole elbow tension deal. It's not like I lock them, but I don't let them "limp" either. Same with the grip. I look at it like "holding a chicken by the neck". Not choking it, but firm enough to keep it in place.
When it comes to push/pull, I do it slightly, not like a contest between the two hands. I've dropped it in the past with negative results, but what the heck, I'll try it again. That's what range practice is for. I instinctively want to tighten the strong hand to regain the sight picture. I'll work on that too. I just can't seem to get the recoil straight back. The barrel wants to raise. BTW - I'm shooting a .45 cal 1911 with a 3" barrel - my carry weapon.
I'll take what you mentioned into account at the range tomorrow & see if I can get that natural balance. I've viewed the video repeatedly and notice how you the gun just finds its way back to position. As with so many things, a lot is in the mind. If I could just find that balance that lets it right itself, I suppose it'd do it for me. Sometimes it's hard not to over-think.
Thanks again.

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 8 queries