The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 22, 2014, 07:52 AM   #1
SAS Phantom

Just got my Kimber II back......

from having minor work done to it. I got the pistol barley used in excellent condition. I figured that I was going to end up carrying her, So I swapped out the sights for some Tru Glo Tritium sight front and rear. I also decided to get here Cerakoted too. Here are some before and after shots. I'm going to replace the grips with some Amboyna burl ones.

Before

After

Cheers
Ron
Old February 22, 2014, 01:30 PM   #2
Light256

nice looking gun you have there.
Old February 22, 2014, 08:12 PM   #3
mmb713

OK, I'm not a 1911 guy but that is one sweet pistol.
Old February 23, 2014, 08:15 PM   #4
Sevens

Where did you get the recoil spring plug? My Coonan has a similar one (same, perhaps?) and I haven't seen others like it. I'm pretty sure Coonan doesn't make them, they simply get them from somewhere, but I do like it. Maybe because it's a bit different, but not "LOOK AT ME!" different.

Haha, actually, you don't have a lot of occasion to look at a handgun from THAT angle all too often. I hope, anyway. But I like it. Someone selling those?

VZ grips look phenomenal, but I don't care for the cheese-grating experience. I'm guessing I am in the minority, as they are wildly popular.

I do like your two-tone look. I've always enjoyed the contrasting colors like that on a handgun.
Old February 23, 2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Venom1956

sevens try the 320s they are hardly rough on the hands. I put them on my 9mm pointman because i didnt want my girl to have hands rough as burlap.

wicked might beable to make u one? bullseye plug barsto supposedly made one

http://www.wickedgrips.com/index.php...path=59&page=2
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Last edited by Venom1956; February 23, 2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old February 24, 2014, 06:01 AM   #6
SAS Phantom

Sevens I got the plug from Midway. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/333...eel-ringed-cap. Super fast shipping. I got one for the Kimber and my STI Trojan.
Ill post picture of my Amboyna Burl grip I just got. I want give those a try.

Cheers
Ron
Old February 24, 2014, 04:26 PM   #7
SAS Phantom

and a updated pic with my new grips...

Cheers
Ron
Old February 24, 2014, 04:47 PM   #8
serf 'rett

Drooling on key board....
Old February 24, 2014, 04:51 PM   #9
Rinspeed

Very sharp Kimber.
Old March 1, 2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Deja vu

Quote:
Where did you get the recoil spring plug? My Coonan has a similar one (same, perhaps?) and I haven't seen others like it. I'm pretty sure Coonan doesn't make them, they simply get them from somewhere, but I do like it. Maybe because it's a bit different, but not "LOOK AT ME!" different.
That does look like the one on my Coonan.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...