The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 7, 2014, 07:03 PM   #1
RAHatto

Looking for a CAD Designer

I'm looking for someone to do some take my 2D sketch and turn it into a 3D CAD design,
and ultimately make a 3D model for testing. If someone can CAD and has a 3D printer great,
but one step at a time is good as well.
I have a muzzle break I want to see developed and I need a capable CAD designer, and
someone with a 3D printer.
Please PM with your information and your quote for CAD work and/or 3D printer cost.
Old January 25, 2014, 11:12 PM   #2
alaurin

Send me a private message if you're still looking for some CAD work only. I don't have the ability to do 3-D printing.
Old January 26, 2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Jfowler24

Pm sent
Old January 27, 2014, 01:37 AM   #4
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

Hello,

You don't really need something 3D printed, to see what the finished product will look like. Just have one machined, and it will probably be as cheap or cheaper than the 3d print. From what I've seen, they charge a good penny for that. Plus, you can install it, and test it, where you can't the plastic model.

You can model it in 3D, but the machine shop drawings need to be in 2D, showing the dimensions. That is unless you want to use the 3D file to convert it to CNC with a machining app.