The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2013, 06:39 PM   #1
BoogieMan

2 out of 10 tight in cylinder, 460s&w

Im loading 460s&w, LRMP, 39gr W296 under a 300gr XTP mag, hornady once fired brass.
I sized up about 60 cases, primed expanded, hand dropped 39gr in 10 of them and then seated and roll crimped.
A few went into cases tight and now they are tight in a slightly fouled cylinder. The other 8 as well as factory ammo drop in the same chamber loose. From my inspection I think they may have went in a little skewed although they appear straight in the case now. Other than possible change in POI am I facing any risks with the 2 rnds? All rnds have a witness mark at the aprox depth of the bullet base, the 2 questionable rnds have a double line. OAL is the same on all.
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown
Old November 6, 2013, 07:41 PM   #2
buck460XVR

Did you bulge the two cases when crimping? Hornady cases?

I doubt that there will be any problems shooting those two rounds.
Old November 6, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3
BoogieMan

Its a RCBS combo seat and roll crimp die. The bulging happened on that station. I had 3 or 4 that were among my setup cases and they went tight. The expanding die may not have ran to depth on those cases.
They were Hornady cases
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown