The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 18, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1
dayman

Lone Wolf McQuade's holster.

I was recently watching Lone Wolf McQuade, and decided that his gun belt would be ideal for my woods gun (4"GP100).
I'm assuming I'm not the only one that likes the idea of a no frills cross-draw holster on a cartridge belt, but I'm having a hard time finding anything that's not specifically designed for a SAA clone.
Anyone know of either a place that makes them, a combination that would work, or of someone who could make something custom for a reasonable amount of money (preferably under $200)?

EDIT: I was going to post a picture, but I couldn't find something:
a) that I was sure wasn't copyrighted
b) where Chuck was wearing a shirt
Old October 18, 2013, 06:47 PM   #2
ClydeFrog

Style, the great ones always had style....

I always liked the Chuck Norris action film; Lone Wolf McQuade(1983). www.imdb.com www.imfdb.org
Im not sure what exact type of holster/leather belt, JJ used for his nickeled N frame .44 but there are a few decent field holsters out there;
Bianchi Cyclone 111, Galco Duel Phoenix, Blackhawk 4" leather holster, Don Hume, Milt Sparks BN55.
Id buy a decent belt like a Ranger or horsehide leather belt too. It will support the weight for extended periods.
Clyde
www.bianchi-intl.com www.usgalco.com www.miltsparks.com www.blackhawk.com www.thebeltman.net