The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 9, 2013, 07:50 AM   #1
ajacobs0289

Holster for Button-up

Hey Gang,

I'm fairly new to the concealed carry world and am looking for a holster/technique for carrying while wearing a tucked in button-up shirt. I'm also open to ankle holsters. Looking to carry a Rugler LCR Double Action Revolver. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
AJ
Old May 9, 2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Sure shot wv

There's lots of tuckable iwb ( inside the waistband ) holsters out there. I personally most of the time carry that way. Ankle holsters have there time and place too but I find it easier to carry iwb.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:23 PM   #3
BarryLee

Checkout Crossbreed Holsters they offer something that may work for you.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 9, 2013, 03:46 PM   #4
ajacobs0289

Thanks, I'll look into these.
Old May 10, 2013, 07:20 AM   #5
PipeSmokeMcGee

There are a lot of similar IWB Tuckable Leather/Kydex hybrids on the market these days.

I have a Kholster, which I really love. Jimmy has got great service, and makes a great product at a great price. A lot of people will trim the leather to fit their preferences on these types of holsters as well.
Old May 10, 2013, 08:00 AM   #6
Sure shot wv

I ordered a crossbreed back in February. I'm still waiting for it!! I hear theiss holsters are basically identical to crossbreed but cheaper and you can get one in 2 weeks. I've called crossbreed and I'm supposed to get it this week, although today's Friday so who knows. Anyway they did have great customer service however if I like the kydex/leather mix my next one will be theiss.

Ps, crossbreed told me they were running about 10-12 weeks behind. They said they never expected to get so backed up.
Old May 10, 2013, 08:52 AM   #7
ClydeFrog

Deep concealment garments, belly bands...

For deep concealment there are a few well engineered choices & styles out there.
I suggest spending a bit more for quality clothing/gear rather than have problems with Mall Ninja knock-offs, .
See these websites/brands: www.galls.com www.policehq.com www.5.11tactical.com www.glockstore.com www.blackhawk.com www.qmuniforms.com .
5.11 has well made undershirts that can conceal a snub revolver or LCR model.
They also have dress/casual shirts with secret pockets, .
For jeans or pants, see; Bullet50.com . They are a CA area firm started by a group of retired cops.

CF
Old May 12, 2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Captains1911

I've tucked with my Crossbreed a few times, and it works well, but I replaced those awful metal clips with a cross on them with more discrete kydex clips.
Old May 14, 2013, 02:45 AM   #9
Caboclo

The tuckable holsters such as Crossbreed are good for smaller autos, but with larger guns, there is a very obvious bulge in your belt. At 1.28" wide, your LCR is the same width as a double-stack .45 ACP Glock. If you want to keep your shirt tucked in without looking ridiculously lopsided, try kangaroocarry.com or deepconceal.com. The downside to those is that you need the velcro, quick-access shirts to go with them. (or an un-buttoned polo shirt)
Old May 15, 2013, 04:11 AM   #10
JimmyR

I use an Old Faithful Holster for my CZ-75BD, and used a Crossbreed Supertuck for my S&W 642 when I had one back in the day. The Crossbreed worked very well for me, and with the shirt tucked the gun disappears nicely. You can also look for a good ankle holster, which, depending on your job duties, may be another good option.