The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 30, 2013, 09:35 AM   #26
craZivn

That sucks that you had a bad experience with Ruger, mine was just the opposite. All three times I called them they were short, courteous and to the point. Two of the times involved an RMA, in which case I was told the same thing both times: a prepaid label was being emailed to me at that moment, box up the gun and include a note describing the problem.

I paid for my gun when I bought it in January, since then it has been replaced by a higher-priced model due to a malfunction, and the replacement has been serviced due to a factory QC issue. None of which has cost me anything but time, for which Ruger sent me a few inexpensive bits of swag as a "we're sorry", which was a nice gesture if nothing else. Ruger also re-imbursed me for the transfer fee and background check on the replacement gun, since it had to go through my FFL.

Turnaround time was three weeks for the replacement, and two weeks for the repair from the day of my initial phone call.

It helps to ask for stuff that you think you deserve if they don't offer it up front. Also, I think it's better to call than use email. Mornings seem to be less busy, afternoons you may be on hold for fifteen minutes or so but you will get to talk to a human.

Ivan
Old April 30, 2013, 09:45 AM   #27
1-UP

My one experience with Ruger CS was also an excellent one. Grips on my Ruger Mark III broke (Plastic around the screw disintegrated, not sure if I overtightened it or if it was just bad). Called them up, talked with a wonderful lady and got a new pair of grips in the mail a few days later. They did request the old ones to be sent in, but they sent an envelope for that as well.

No money out of my pocket, CS was a pleasure to talk with, everything was made right in an extremely timely fashion. They could write the manual on how to do CS in my opinion.
Old April 30, 2013, 06:20 PM   #28
zxcvbob

Quote:
Using our Repair Policy is as simple as we can make it. Simply print out and complete the work order and follow the shipping directions in this section. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service at

305-624-1115 or fax at (305) 624-1126.

http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy-use.cfm
They didn't have that 3 or 4 years ago.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:09 PM   #29
temmi

I have only had to send back 1 Handgun

My HK USP

I cost shipping there

They shipped it back

No charge for the work

Snake