The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 4, 2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Misssissippi Dave

Montana Gold

Montana Gold has had their website down for several weeks now. It is finally back up again. They only have some .357 Sig and .38 Special/.357 Magnum bullets in stock now. They now have the option for adding things to a wish list or being notified when a product will be available. This is done by signing up at their site. Maybe some here are interested in this news.
Old April 4, 2013, 10:33 PM   #2
jimbob86

I am interested.....

I often wonder if the general ammo shortage is caused by increased demand by the .gov and exacebated by panic buying ...... or the other way around.....
Old April 5, 2013, 01:56 AM   #3
NWPilgrim

I bought some .40 bullets from them just before they shut down the site for new orders. Their ship date estimate of 4-6 weeks was spot on and I really appreciated the accurate estimate and follow through. And they had not raised their prices either. Very happy with them.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old April 5, 2013, 02:18 AM   #4
david_r

Dave,
Thank you for posting this up. Glad for them they got their new site up. I have a few thousand of their bullets I got before they took their site down so I'm good for awhile. Those 44 240 pills they have sure look sweet. I maybe should go buy a 44 so I can try them out.
Old April 5, 2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Crashbox

I took a look yesterday and their site is indeed back up. I did see the .357 125 JHP's case prices are up noticeably from what I bought mine for a couple years back, but if I needed them I would certainly buy from MG again.

I remember back in '09 or so I ordered a case of the aforementioned during Christmas week on a Monday, and they were at my doorstep on Thursday. Extraordinary service.
Old April 5, 2013, 12:15 PM   #6
BigJimP

Its good to see they're back up and running....but they are out of stock on a lot of inventory....so we just have to be patient I guess / let this temporary shortage run its course....
Old April 9, 2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Lemmon

More stuff in Stock as of last night

As of last night, they had a number of bullets on hand. I notice that the price for the large 70 pound shipments is about $50 more that last year. The number of bullets per box seems to be the same. I ordered 2500 10mm 180. I expect the same excellent service as I have had in the past. It is unfortunate that cost of supplies have increased causing everybody in this hobby to pay more.

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina.
Old April 9, 2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Lemmon

UPDate..... My order has been shipped today

I just got a notice from the USPS that my order made yesterday has been shipped. That was very quick.... The inventory on site at Montana Gold is out except for some 38 calib 142 bullets. My next order will be either 44 240 gr or 45 230 gr......

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina......
Old April 9, 2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Beanie-Bean

8 day turnaround for 2000 x .400" CMJ. Box weight was 68 lbs.