The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old March 19, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1
bjones870

Rem 700 Police Detachbale magazine

I have recently purchased a new Remington 700P, I would like to get the detachable magazine, and I've seen a few different options. I looked at badger ordanance, but that seems a little pricey. What other models are out there that you recommend?

To be ready, mentally and physically for what ever scenario arises, provides the best sleep at night I've ever gotten.
Old March 19, 2013, 02:31 PM   #2
RonR6

Brownells has a few listed on there site, but they are not cheap.
Old March 19, 2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Scorch

Badger Ordnance, Surgeon, and AI are all about the same price, right around $300ish for the mag and bottom metal, and they have to be inletted. The Remington 700 DM takes less to install, but is only a 4-round magazine. Kwik Klip is easy to install, but the magazines are kinda flimsy. If price is the main consideration, you might want to get a hands-on feel for them.
Old March 20, 2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Carlsbad

updated 3/22

What caliber do you have? Many of the 700Ps come with a DM. I have a 338 LM with a DM by Badger that I like. I have recently installed the factory remington DM for .308 and I like it for it's ease of loading. I didn't care so much for the M5 in .308. the magazine seemed loose and the heavy spring in the 10 rd magazine made it hard to load.

I have on order the M4 DM setup and I can tell you how I like it in a couple of days.

Of course what stock you are using, how it is inletted and how much modification you are willing to do to it are important considerations.

--Jerry

Update: Got the M4 magazine system and installed it. Dropped into my B&C stock with no mods. Much prefer over M5. Magazine fits nicely into Bottom Metal and is easier/smoother to load. Fed 5 rounds w/o firing twice and it worked flawlessly. The release is the same place it is on the stock remington BDL so I like that. Haven't fired it yet but right now I'd say it is my favorite.

Last edited by Carlsbad; March 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old March 22, 2013, 12:08 PM   #5
blfuller

I would stick with an Accuracy International compatible magazine type. CDI makes a nice set at a reasonable price for $209, go HERE for info. Magazines are extra.