The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 17, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1
bamiller

Little Ticked With Powder Valley Right Now

Did a search for Powder Valley on google, site popped up, they had 40 cal Berry's bullets in stock, and I ordered. Next day I received an email from them saying someone had made a mistake and published a webpage still under construction, I had placed an order on that webpage, and that I would have to re-place my order on another webpage. Mind you nothing on the webpage made any mention about the webpage being under construction. Still can't figure out why they didn't just place the order as they obviously received it through the under construction webpage but IMMEDIATELY re-placed the order and you guessed it, bullets were now out of stock. I responded to Powder Valley's email politely that I tried to re-place the order, bullets were now out of stock, and what could they do to correct their error. Answer was nothing and that I had to re-place the order through the other webpage and get in line for backorders. Did re-order/get in the backorder line but I'm not a happy camper right now. Just don't seem right.
Old February 17, 2013, 05:40 PM   #2
jcwit

and you have never screwed up?
Old February 17, 2013, 07:15 PM   #3
spacecoast

I think that was the whole point, that the original page was in error. If the bullets had been in stock they would have no doubt taken the order.
Old February 17, 2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Fire_Moose

Re: Little Ticked With Powder Valley Right Now

Ya I had a similar thing happen. Ordered some bullets listed as in stock from them. They called maybe 5 days later and said they wont have them for 2 weeks. OK fine. After 2 weeks they called again saying another 2 weeks. I asked why they were listed as in stock and what are they going to do to fix it. They wouldn't do anything. This was about a week before the panic, the initial order. Told em to cancel the order, there are too many good companies to waste my time with them. Got bullets from grafs Feb 1st.

I'm done with PV.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:11 PM   #5
bamiller

Quote:
and you have never screwed up?
Several times but the difference is I have made it right.

On a related note you can still access that same invalid webpage even after I told Powder Valley the page was still accessible.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Mobuck

Have you tried T J Conevera's?
Old February 17, 2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Sport45

What else could they have done? It's not like they could send you bullets they don't have.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Every company makes mistakes. Powder Valley is legendary for excellent prices and fair practices. I'm always glad when a mistake makes people stop using a good company... makes it more likely that what I want will be in stock.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; February 18, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:58 PM   #9
Gunnutfn49

I hear tiny violins playing somewhere.....

...What he meant to add was, "unless, of course, all responsible citizens are armed to the teeth."
Old February 17, 2013, 09:25 PM   #10
rdmallory

I have had the same issue using Google for locating supplies. You will hit old and unpublished pages some times. If in doubt see if you can reach the same page from their home page.

Doug
Old February 18, 2013, 12:29 AM   #11
j357

I have never ordered from PV, but I have been around here long enough to know that they are a stand up Co. to deal with based on all the other orders they pass through to happy customers here.

Okay, they may have made a mistake. You may have hit a cached Google page.

Did you ask for some dispensation on a back order?

Did you use the search feature to see if there were other happy or unhappy customers..?

I dare you to search for "powder valley" and 'problem' and tell us what you found.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; February 18, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old February 18, 2013, 01:31 AM   #12
TXGunNut

I think Doug figured it out, may be a Google error. Have had some searches take me to some very odd places when doing research. Go to their home page and proceed from there. Reloading supply retailers are doing all they can right now and PV is one of the best of the bunch.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.