The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 14, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1
indy1919

where to buy .75 cal & 1 Cal balls

Will be hopfully getting a Couple of new weapons, That will eat 1 inch and .75 cal balls, Can anyone direct me to some of their best sources.. Or should I just make them by hand,,?????
Old January 14, 2013, 04:58 PM   #2
TomADC

Try Jeff over at castboolits if they are listed he probably has the mold.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ght=masscaster
Old January 14, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Beagle333

Ask him anyway if it isn't listed... he told me that he does have some molds that aren't listed, so he said just ask for em and he might already have it.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:09 AM   #4
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Link: Already been threaded by Tom ADC.
Old January 15, 2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Rifleman1776

weapons?
Do you mean firearms like rifle or shotgun or smoothbore traditional style muzzle loader?
Weapon is a bad choice. The words 'firearm' and 'gun' are not synonomys with "weapon". A rock can be a weapon.
The sizes you ask for are general. Do you know exactly what sizes you need. For example, my ".75 caliber" Brown Bess uses a .731 patched round ball. Untill you get your new guns and measure and test them you will not know exactly what size will work best in them. When you do find out, you can order moulds from Jeff Tanner. http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/
Old January 15, 2013, 06:16 PM   #6
indy1919

Well.. at this time I will stay with the term weapons,, In that I do not have them and it is always a jinx to talk about getting a gun before it arrives (one is still in the production stage) Money has not even changed hands yet.... If I was to tell you about that one I will never get it ..

I was looking for general supplier of various calibers, because not having the gun I do not have the makers loading tables. But the one that is in the mail (good lord willing) is a 75 caliber smooth bore. So I will have to wait till I get his firing tables and ammo suggestions before ordering anything.. But it never hurts to find out new sources for lead balls...
Old January 15, 2013, 08:55 PM   #7
unknwn

Try the Log Cabin Shop, They have just about everything for black powder shooting, especially original and reproduction muzzleloading rifles of a historic bent.
Awesome place to visit if you are anywhere close to thier neighborhood.

(800)837-1082
8010 Lafayette Rd.
Lodi, Ohio
www.logcabinshop.com
Old January 15, 2013, 09:57 PM   #8
bedbugbilly

I don't have the links anymore but there are also those out there who will make custom size molds. You might check with mfgs such as Rapine or check on the NSSA site for links to possible suppliers as well.

The .75 instantly brought to mind a Brown Bess but since you aren't going to let the cat out of the bag, we'll all just have to conjur up thoughts of what you are talking about and kind of guess on your needs. As already stated, you'll need to know the exact size your "weapons" will take. You're going to need to know that before you start your hunt . . .

1 inch huh? With the present "social climate" in this country, I certainly hope you aren't having "muzzle loading assault weapons" being made . . .
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old January 16, 2013, 12:34 AM   #9
indy1919

I am sorry the one (God willing) in the mail is 1 inch or one cal.. But I figure I can always use several 36 cal in that one..

Hey thanks all for the sites.. I did not know about these and now I will not have to buy off the shelf balls..

Moocho thanks to all