The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 16, 2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Xaak

Ammo Shortage

Gun shows I have been to in Virginia and Pennsylvania in the past two weeks have had a fair amount of ammunition in 7.62 and 5.56, still, retailers seem to be sold out and bare shelved. Prices, no matter where it is available, have gone up significantly. Even online ammo sites are out of stock. Is this going to be a trend or is this short term because of the potential legislation?

Also, I purchased Aguila .22 LR SuperExtra. Has anyone had any experience with this ammunition? I have found info on their other ammo in 22 LR, but not this particular one.

Thanks in advance.
Old January 17, 2013, 01:12 AM   #2
mrvco

Maybe I missed it, but the only thing "ammunition" related that was mentioned today was "Armor Piercing Ammunition".
Old January 17, 2013, 02:10 AM   #3
NWPilgrim

I think it is medium term (six months to two years). The President and Dem leaders have shown their cards if they ever think they have a chance to play them. No one can say that he ir they have no intention to pass more gun laws. Now it is fact.

Also, several Repub congressmen rated NRA A+ flipped faster than you could say Chuck Schumer. That gave folks the jitters. Plus no Repub leaders are out there beating the drum of gun rights. Rather they are leaving that defense to Junior members and the R leaders appear to be willing to consider yet more compromise of some sort.

Finally at least one entire state has passed draconian stupid new gun laws by a sizable majority of bipartisan vote.

Finally, we all know that one more convenient shooting and both parties will scramble over each other to pass the toughest gun laws.

Two months ago many gun owners were disparaging of those who rushed to buy guns and supplies after the election. No gun laws in first term! Every congressman knows gun laws are political suicide! Right. Only the most obstinate would ridicule others with those slogans now.

Gun owners will remain on edge until political leaders prove by action they will not pass more gun laws. Could be by decisive vote against bills. Could be firm unequivocal declarations. I think it will proved out one direction or the other with this time frame.