The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 6, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1
tollys103079

Sierra 55 Grain BlitzKing C.O.L.

Ok so I picked up some Sierra 55 Grain Blitzking just because I ran across some and have had trouble ordering normal 55 Grain V MAx. I am trying to figure out a load for them and maybe I am worrying too much, but I figure I would rather know then presume. My manual list 2.250 as the col for a 55 grain V Max and 2.20 for most other rounds. The sierras are a boat tail so I presume that might make a difference.

Anyway to the question anyone got a load and col that works well with these. Shooting through AR's with 1:9 twist I have Varget and CFE 223 to try I usually load with Varget, but picked up a jug of the 223 to give it a shot.

Any help is great thanks
Old January 6, 2013, 09:56 PM   #2
jdillon

I shoot the 55 SBK in both my AR and 22-250 and believe you will like them. For the AR the magazine will limit the OAL of the cartridge. I set my COAL to 2.255 for the AR. I load them behind both Varget and H335 depending on what powder I have on hand. Never tried CFE since I have had good results with the two mentioned. Load all my AR ammo in a progressive.