The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 2, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Sir Loads-A-Lot

Sako L579 stock

I am looking for a stock for a Sako L579 medium action. Anyone know where I can get one without having one made?
Old January 3, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2
rodfac

Try the Sako Collector's site, if you can get on...I've had trouble the past two weeks getting a connection. They may have moved...lot's of good information there on all things Sako. Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old January 4, 2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Sodbuster

Yep, good info on the Sako collectors site. It has been down but I just accessed it. You can check the "for sale" forum, enter a post of what you're looking for in the "wanted" forum, or check out the Sako medium action forum for the L579 and see if anyone there knows where to get a stock. Good luck.

http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum/forum.php
Remember, many times what we view as a curse in the present turns out to be a blessing in the future. Don't worry about it a lot. Things have a way of working out. Trust me on this one. - - Uncle Bill Martino