The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 18, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1
davidaker

Ordered from PSA

AR-15
Ordered on December 4th. Just received notice from UPS (Dec 18th) that it's in their hands and on the way!
Old December 18, 2012, 11:57 AM   #2
rockns

You must have ordered out of stock item, I ordered several things black friday and got it all 5 days later, and went back to order more and most everything was out of stock from the sale.
they are very good to deal with.
Old December 18, 2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Quentin2

I also placed an order with PSA on 12/4 and saw it was just picked up by UPS. They're working hard to get stuff out. It was in stock the day I ordered but soon out of stock. It must be a zoo there!
Old December 18, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4
tgreening

They may be good to deal with, as long as you don't need to speak with a human being. I ordered a couple lowers from them and to say it's been a painful experience would be an understatement. They lost my ffl info twice. Every time I called I got an answering machine that went through a spiel about being busy with other customers, packing orders, please leave a msg, and then got promptly dumped after being notified the mail box was full. One time I managed to sneak in after the mail box had been emptied.

I received a voice msg from a nice gentleman named Mike that said he had my FFL and my order and it would be going out in a couple days. The only problem was the FFL info he cited was from someplace in S.C (not mine) and the order info was not my stuff (somebody else's).

In frustration I called customer service, was put on hold for a solid 15 minutes of silence, and when I finally got a human being on the phone they told me that they had no access to ANY information concerning the status of my FFL info OR any info concerning my order AT ALL. ??? Their answer was for me to call the number I had been calling for 2 weeks already. The one with the constantly full mailbox that dumped you back to a dial tone. Perfect.

At this point price be danged I just wanted out. I asked to cancel the order and was told sure, for a 10% restocking fee. WHAT? Two minutes ago she said she had NO INFORMATION concerning my order so how they heck did she suddenly know my order was "in process", and subject to a cancellation fee? It didn't matter that the ONLY thing they had done to this point was take my money. I admit I got angry and just hung up the phone.

Luckily within a couple more days I managed to actually speak to this Mike person and get everything worked out, but I would SERIOUSLY hesitate to do business with this company again. Their customer communication system is so incredibly unprofessional it defies description. And being busy is a poor poor excuse.

Rant over.