The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 22, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1
Tex S

Posting pictures from iPhone or iPad

Does anybody know how I can post a pic to the forum directly from my iPhone or iPad?
Old November 22, 2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

You can do it either from TapaTalk or directly from Safari if your iOS is up to date.

When composing a reply in Safari, click the Manage Attachments button under the typing window.

In the new window that opens, click the Choose File button and proceed accordingly.
Old November 22, 2012, 10:59 AM   #3
tyme
Staff

Or upload them to some image service (iphoto, tumblr, picasa, imgur, etc) and link to that.

The only real reason to host images at TFL is if you think the image is going to be taken down from those services. vbulletin can do it, but why? It's one more place you have to go to manage images. There are apps for uploading to major imagehosting services that are easier to use than uploading to TFL.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old November 22, 2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Tex S

I just couldn't get the hang of tapatalk. I tried it, but I'm just too used to the native forum.

When I click "manage attachments" and attemp to upload a pic from my phone I get denied. It says that my pics are too large and are over the forums alotted size.

How does iPhoto handle this? I use iPhoto to manage all of my pics.
Old November 22, 2012, 12:34 PM   #5
tyme
Staff

I'm guessing iphoto has some way to create public links to individual images? Copy one of those to the clipboard, then paste the link into a post, either as an image with [img] or as a link with [url] (non-embedded)

I'm not an apple customer, so I don't know much about iphoto. I only listed it because I figured it would be the default way to handle images on iOS.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Last edited by tyme; December 2, 2012 at 08:42 PM.