The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 9, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Adk X

6.5 Swede...Barnes bullets

Have a 6.5 x 55 Swede in a Tikka rifle.I bought a couple boxes of Barnes 130 Gr.TSX Flat base bullets to load and want to use a temp. insensitive powder like Varget ( or H 4831 ?) to use. Seeing as how the Barnes bullets are constructed differently than many other bullets I am leery about trying " Similar"loads. Does anyone have any load info for me that would be helpful...experience with Barnes Bullets and the type of powder I am looking for ? and Primers for that powder. Looking for hunting loads. Thank You
Old October 9, 2012, 04:26 PM   #2
.243_Shooter

I use varget in my .243 loads under an 80 grain ttsx. You need to find load data specified for Barnes bullets because they usually have a lower starting load.
Old October 10, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3
AllenJ

Try emailing Barnes. I did a while back and they sent me their tables for 7mm Rem Mag.