The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 7, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1
bswiv

From the woods today.............pests!

Brother in law went to the woods today to check feeders and pull camera chips. Got a bunch of pictures of bears............ these 2 about sum it up.

Like I've said in the past, I have no urge to shoot one myself but I can see where the time is coming when the FWC will have to do something.......and a lot of folks will be happy to eat some bear meat, especially as so much of it will be corned-bear.

Old October 7, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2
tahunua001

my boss uses old tractor tires and springs to make self feeding cattle troughs. he runs a pipe up the middle that sticks just below the top and when water hits that level the water flows into the pipe and is swept away so that the cows don't make mud holes.

a few years back he had a black bear that liked to take baths in his troughs but hated those pipes pokin' him in the hind end and actually learned how to unscrew them. on more than one ocassion my boss went out and found empty troughs with the pipes laying nearby and fresh bear tracks around...

I agree with your assessment, sometimes they are just pests.