The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 8, 2013, 06:27 AM   #1
iraiam

Another Colorado Recall (Sen. Evie Hudak)

Another Recall attempt is under way in Colorado against a Senator who supports gun control. Specifically, Senator Evie Hudak of Westminster, Colorado, They have 8 weeks to get the necessary signatures.

The petition can be signed in person at 11651 West 64th Ave, Suite E1, Arvada, CO 80004.

If you are not represented by this state Senator, do not sign the petition, as your signature will be tossed.

If you live in her district but are not a registered voter, register to vote before you sign the petition, otherwise your signature will be tossed

Web site

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Last edited by iraiam; October 8, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old October 8, 2013, 07:23 AM   #2
JERRYS.

I saw this. thy tried this against her not too long ago and failed, what makes them think they have a chance this time? whats changed?

I wish then luck just the same, trow da bums outa dare.
Old October 8, 2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Wreck-n-Crew

Was reading the article when I jumped over to see if someone had started the thread yet.

I have to commend the people of Colordo for standing up to a government that did what they wanted rather than what the people wanted. It's not everyday that people make such stands.

I have to beleive the elected there are paying attention now. Let this be a lesson to them. Listen to the people or be tossed out.

This from the Denver Post:
Quote:
Hopefully some other states take notice and fight for their rights too.“A small group is seeking to undo the will of voters, who re-elected me to the Senate last November. Unable to defeat me then, they are now attempting a political power grab using a low voter turnout, no mail ballot recall election strategy,” Hudak said in a statement, alluding to a Denver District court judge’s ruling on a Constitutional matter that in turn nullified mail-ballots in the recalls of Morse and Giron.
With comments like this Governor, you are losing freinds fast. People opposed to your 2nd amendment theft won't read that comment and take action when they were likely going to sit home and watch? If there is one thing you don't want to do as a politician seeking to hold onto your job is insult people who voted for you.
Old October 8, 2013, 05:38 PM   #4
iraiam

Quote:
I saw this. thy tried this against her not too long ago and failed, what makes them think they have a chance this time? whats changed?
I know one thing that is different, during the first attempt, I saw this petition being circulated in places that most people would not be represented by this Senator. I don't know that this is what happened, but that would certainly lead to an excessive amount of improper signatures that would be declared invalid.

I was asked to sign the petition and promptly notified the person holding the clipboard that my signature would be no good because I don't live in her district.

I don't really have time to help so i donated $$ instead.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Last edited by iraiam; October 8, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old October 8, 2013, 09:43 PM   #5
Rob228

The first attempted was halted to direct the main effort toward Morse and Giron, it was stopped voluntarily by the initiators, not exactly a "failure" but then again not a success. Those two were seen as more winnable but now there can be 100% focus on this one. Her district, Westminster leans left but she has managed to act stupid enough to get on everyone's radar in the past few months.

This is how she spends her time while "at work"
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/10/0...ring-hearings/
Old October 9, 2013, 09:35 PM   #6
Bartholomew Roberts

This is a thread from AR15.com excoriating NAGR for their interference with the recall effort in CO: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/153..._Colorado.html

It also explains why the McClanahan recall split off from the other efforts and gives some opinions on why it was not ultimately successful. Not sure if similar antics effected Hudak also.
Old October 11, 2013, 05:30 AM   #7
seanh303

Guys,
I live in District 19, but I'm in Afghanistan so I can't gather signatures myself. But this woman needs to go! I'm sponsoring a contest for people who will help collect signatures. Gathering as few as 30 will allow you to enter for a chance to win a prize from me.

Among what I'm giving away, are:

- an "Ultimate Grand Prize" of 2 tickets to see the Broncos vs Chiefs at Mile High on Sunday, Nov. 17th (Collect 50 signatures to enter) (Value: $1,000.00)

- 2 "Grand Prizes", the 2 winners get to choose either:
a.) 1 Brand new Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm Pistol OR
b.) 1 Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Smartphone
(Collect 250 signatures to enter) (Value: $650.00 - $700.00/ea)

- 25 "Runner-up Prizes", 25 winners can pick their choice of size, color and style of 1 soft rifle or shotgun case, made in Canada by Levy's Leathers. ( Collect 30 signatures to enter) (Value: $90.00/ea)

CONSUMER DISCLOSURE
Official Contest Rules
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4aX...it?usp=sharing

If you live near Arvada or Westminster, please volunteer to collect signatures, and if you do volunteer, be sure to let me know so I can enter you into the drawing.

If you're not in Colorado, please help spread the word about the recall, via Facebook, Twitter, or any other way.

With these prize giveaways, I've sunk several thousand of my own dollars into getting Evie Hudak out of office in my district. I am not some rich CEO with an agenda, I'm a regular guy that's been bearing true faith and allegiance to uphold and defend the Constitution for the last 10 years. She is a domestic enemy of the Constitution, so I'm really just trying to do my duty, and I'm giving people who are willing to help a chance at some awesome prizes!

Signature Collecting Contest - Recall Hudak, Win Great Prizes!!!