The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 11, 2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Armymutt

Classic Firearms shipping speed

Anyone ordered from Classic Firearms? How long did it take them to get your order out the door? I placed an order for 2 rifles last Monday and my order has been in the same status ever since. They had my payment and C&R immediately, so that's not the hold up. I called them and got some song and dance.
Old August 11, 2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Pineknot

Last time I ordered from them I waited 2 weeks then called them . They told me they had run out of what I had ordered, so I asked when they would have more and they said they didn't know. I thanked them for the great customer service they had given. I ordered from another place and got my order a week later. Two weeks later my order showed up from classic. I went ahead and kept the order as that will be my last one from them.
Old August 12, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3
chiefr

I place them in the same category as SAMCO and SARCO. Good products you can be satified with however, you best not be in a rush to get them.
Old August 12, 2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Creeper

Did they show "availability" as "in stock" or "out of stock" at the time you placed your order? Their system should automatically adjust stock as inventory changes... but, maybe not.

C
Old August 12, 2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Armymutt

Both were in stock. They said they were "doing their best". I might be better off driving over to get them.
Old August 12, 2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Creeper

Maybe so. Sometimes big discounts mean low overhead... like not enough employees to handle shipping in a timely manor.

C
Old August 13, 2012, 06:09 AM   #7
ClassicFirearms

Hey Everyone,

ClassicFirearms here. Our shipping times have GREATLY improved with our new website. Typically if you select an FFL on file you will get your order shipping within 48 hours - sometimes the same day!

Also our inventory is live and in real time now. No more calling to check or place you order. Now you can just add to cart, enter your details, press checkout, and wait for some quick shipping.

-ClassicFirearms

Last edited by JohnKSa; September 5, 2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Correction per later post by member.
Old August 13, 2012, 06:12 AM   #8
ClassicFirearms

Armymutt - saw you were local. We do not allow a direct pickup, but do have a local FFL who can assist you with this. You can read more during the checkout process.
Old August 13, 2012, 08:02 AM   #9
jsmaye

Wow - after a personalized, public response from them, you want to maybe reconsider that "SAMCO" remark?

My personal experience with them is, over the course of the last four years I've ordered a half-dozen or so firearms. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes 3 or 4, with the longer delays being coincidental with their website or order system upgrades.

So I've had to wait a bit for a toy - big deal, I'm a grown-up.
Old August 13, 2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Creeper

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

ClassicFirearms here.
Nice... very nice.

C
Old August 13, 2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Armymutt

Called again. Turns out the Nagant is out of stock for an estimated 90 days. Says in stock on the Nagant page though. The lady on the phone said that she's been bugging the web site guys to put a statement that only returns and parts guns are in stock.
Old August 15, 2012, 08:27 PM   #12
DE Shooter

Whenever I do a phone order with any vendor, I always have all the contact info set up with my FFL and the vendor. And, I always ask if it is in stock and get an estimated shipping time. I've been lucky so far; my last Classic order came in about 5 working days, as they said.
Old August 16, 2012, 11:10 PM   #13
emcon5

Ordered from them last month, July 23. Shipped July 24.

Quote:
Our shipping times have GREATLY increased with our new website.
You mean decreased, I hope.

<<Fixed it in the original post.>>

Last edited by JohnKSa; September 5, 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Added Note.
Old August 17, 2012, 12:08 AM   #14
5.56RifleGuy

I had my stuff in probably 3 or 4 days. I went in to talk to my pawn shop guy, and my stuff was there. Wasn't expecting it yet.
Old August 17, 2012, 11:41 AM   #15
DennisCA

I have only ordered one gun from classic (91-30 Lam) and it arrived w/in a week And it was in great shape.
Old August 17, 2012, 12:19 PM   #16
ClassicFirearms

@ emcon5 Yes you are right. I was trying to say that our ability to get orders out of the door and shipped has increased. The overall shipping process is lightening fast now.

We even now have a shipping timer on the product page that allows you see see if the order will be shipping the next day -

http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/swiss1889

Note: That timer will turn off in about an hour - it's valid on items on the weekdays!
Old August 22, 2012, 04:50 AM   #17
akguy1985

last time i ordered a rifle from classic ams i got it in less than a week.
Old August 23, 2012, 01:09 PM   #18
ClassicFirearms

Just did a quick audit - looks like average delivery times are just over 4 business days. That includes delays with FFL issues, etc.
Old August 27, 2012, 08:35 AM   #19
ToddG

Similar experience. Ordered 2 Mosins online, showed available, charged my card. Got a voice mail a week or so later "Sorry, ran out. We'll process a refund." Hopped on the phone with another vendor and had my rifles in about a week.

It happens, but they [you] need to better match actual inventory with the web site. Nowadays this isn't rocket science, and when dealing in limited inventory should be Job 1. Anything else leads to upset customers that will go elsewhere next time. Much easier to not take an order you can't fill anyway.
Old September 5, 2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Old Smoker

In the past 4 months, I've purchasd four items from ClassisFirearms. Each order was a postal money order type. Questions were answered quickly and items shipped very promptly. Classic is AAA.

And you can take that to the bank!
Old September 6, 2012, 02:49 AM   #21
akguy1985

I picked up a very nice polish tokarev from them recently. I like the fact they ship handguns usps because its easier for me to wait on the mailman then it is UPS.