The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 24, 2012, 04:24 PM   #1
SL1

Souce of cast .45 Colt bullets from NEI mold?

I am looking for a cast bullet vendor who sells .45 Colt bullets from NEI mold #322B, which is a plain-based 255 grain bullet near the traditional shape for the .45 Colt, but with a crimp groove that many manufacturers like Lyman do not provide. A BHN in the 12 to 16 range sized to .452 would be perfect.

Any body know of a vendor?

(Yes, I know how to buy a mold and cast my own, so let's not fill this thread with posts about that.)

SL1
Old August 24, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2
dunerjeff

I think most comercial vendors will be using mass production machines like Magma Engineering. ect.. and not a single mold by hand. So your not going to find one I am sure.
Old August 24, 2012, 06:57 PM   #3
SL1

dunerjeff,

If you look here

http://www.neihandtools.com/mold_info.html

you will see that NEI DOES cut its molds in Magma blocks as well as Ballisti-cast blocks. So, they DO seem to support commercial casters as well as us home-brew types.

SL1
Old August 25, 2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Robert Palermo

I offer a swc plain base in 12 BHN. The RNFP I offer is in 12 BHn but features a bevel base which does very well. .
Old August 25, 2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Uncle Buck

As well as Robert, above, try contacting Missouri Bullet and talk with JoAnn or Brad, to see what they are using in their castings.

[email protected]

or 816-597-3204

I use their bullets, from 180 gr up to 255 gr.

There is another company out of Illinois that makes lead bullets also, but for the life of me, I can not remember their name. I used up all of their bullets and then started using Missouri Bullets... Someone is going to have to chime in and remind me what the name is.