The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 13, 2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: August 13, 2012
Posts: 1
in cAlifornia, how do i get guns after a restraining order is up, no criminal charge

The order is up, and there were no criminal charges, ever. I hear California is weird , so I was just wondering , cause I love guns, and plus iv worked hard to be a good man to earn my right to have guns. Why should I suffer cause some woman is mad that I left her . Again the order is up, 4 days now, and I want my guns back .
pivot is offline  
Old August 13, 2012, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: February 13, 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,225
If they won't return them, get a lawyer.
NJgunowner is offline  
Old August 13, 2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: June 16, 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,497
Could you clarify a bit? Are you asking if you can now legally purchase firearms or retrieve ones that were taken as a result of the RO?

Were they seized by the state or did you have to store them elsewhere so they were not in your possession?
"The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" - Montgomery Scott
Stressfire is offline  
Old August 13, 2012, 12:38 PM   #4
Tom Servo
Join Date: September 27, 2008
Location: Foothills of the Appalachians
Posts: 12,154
We really need more context if we're to give any sort of advice on the situation. In matters of California law, the folks at Calguns may be of help as well.
Sometimes it’s nice not to destroy the world for a change.
--Randall Munroe
Tom Servo is offline  
Old August 13, 2012, 06:53 PM   #5
maestro pistolero
Senior Member
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Posts: 2,148
Ditto. Search Calguns here. You will find everything you need to know. As I recall, there is a law enforcement agency firearms return form that needs to be filled out. You will be directed to the forms and any legal assistance you might need at CalGuns.
maestro pistolero is offline  
Old August 13, 2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Senior Member
Join Date: November 28, 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, Ca
Posts: 7,117
You need to fill out a Law Enforcement Gun Release (LEGR) form, available from the California Attorney General's office.

This presumes that the guns are in custody of the court or an LE agency.


BillCA in CA (Unfortunately)
BillCA is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2017 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.04988 seconds with 7 queries