The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 14, 2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: October 5, 2011
Posts: 350
CHL change of address question

IIRC, NC law requires you to notify the sheriff who issued your CHL within 30 days of a move. In a few months I'm going back to school full time and will be living in an apartment near campus for the next 2-3 years. However I will be maintaining my current address (my parents house) on my drivers license, bills etc even though I probably/hopefully won't be staying there again. It's just more convenient since I may move to different apartments before I'm done with school. Do I still need to notify the sheriff of an address change?
Merad is offline  
Old June 14, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: December 21, 2005
Location: Sarasota (sort of) Florida
Posts: 1,251
I'd say if you're not changing your drivers license don't change your CWL.

'Qui tacet consentit': To remain silent is to consent.
AirForceShooter is offline  
Old June 14, 2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: January 8, 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 368
I agree with AFS. The statute in question (G.S. 14-415.11(d)) refers to any change in one's "permanent address." It sounds like your permanent address isn't changing. But perhaps it may not be a bad idea to place an anonymous call to the sheriff's office to ask the question.
DogoDon is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2016 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.04576 seconds with 9 queries