The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old April 4, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1
PipeSmokeMcGee

Landrum SC woman surprises 2 Attackers with CCW

Found at http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news...n/-/index.html

In the jurisdiction of the famous Spartanburg County Sheriff, Chuck Wright.

Quote:
LANDRUM, S.C. -
A woman who had just finished doing overnight work in a Landrum business on Saturday was assaulted by two men, but ended up turning the tables on them when she pulled out a gun and shot at them.....
The Copyright Policy is in effect and will be observed by all.

Last edited by Frank Ettin; April 5, 2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Copyright Policy Violation
Old April 4, 2012, 12:45 PM   #2
kraigwy

Quote:
"That won't happen again, or if so, I'll have a bigger gun,"
I love it, good Girl.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old April 5, 2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Sefner

She didn't survive because she had a gun, she survived because she had a mindset...
Old April 5, 2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Glad things worked out, but that is one wacky lady.

Quote:
"That won't happen again, or if so, I'll have a bigger gun," she said. "I'm not giving up. They're not going to win. They're not going to scare me off."
No doubt she can miss with a bigger gun just as effectively.

Quote:
She said, “Every woman needs to get a concealed weapons permit and carry a gun, because it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't be here."
Yet under SC law, at the time and place of the attack, she didn't need to have a carry permit to carry a gun.

Quote:
She didn't survive because she had a gun, she survived because she had a mindset...
And yet mindset almost got her killed as well, being in condition white, not even remembering she was carrying a gun, etc.

Quote:
She ran to the police department that is less than a block away from her business and reported what had happened.
Driving would have been more prudent.
Old April 5, 2012, 09:00 AM   #5
MLeake

Less than a block, DNS? It might have taken her longer to get to her car, start it, etc.
Old April 5, 2012, 03:20 PM   #6
C0untZer0

1) Was Spartanburg settled by the Irish or something?

North Shamrock Street? Irish Hill Lane ?

2) Instead of outlawing guns, why don't they outlaw hoodies?
Old April 5, 2012, 03:38 PM   #7
MonsterB

Quote:
Glad things worked out, but that is one wacky lady.

Quote:
"That won't happen again, or if so, I'll have a bigger gun," she said. "I'm not giving up. They're not going to win. They're not going to scare me off."

No doubt she can miss with a bigger gun just as effectively.

Quote:
She said, “Every woman needs to get a concealed weapons permit and carry a gun, because it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't be here."

Yet under SC law, at the time and place of the attack, she didn't need to have a carry permit to carry a gun.

Quote:

And yet mindset almost got her killed as well, being in condition white, not even remembering she was carrying a gun, etc.

Quote:
She ran to the police department that is less than a block away from her business and reported what had happened.

Driving would have been more prudent.
Good job of quarterbacking, Mr Armchair.
Old April 5, 2012, 04:46 PM   #8
Single Six

Good for her! To quote the late Col. Cooper: "The solution to armed robbery is a dead robber." This maxim clearly also applies to would-be rapists as well.
Old April 5, 2012, 05:32 PM   #9
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Posted by Double Naught Spy: Glad things worked out, but that is one wacky lady.
You can say that again!
Quote:
"...he shoved me up against the door and I felt the gun in my back pocket and I was like, ‘Dang, I've got that gun.’ I forgot it," she said.
Quote:
"That won't happen again, or if so, I'll have a bigger gun," she said.
Quote:
"...my car was running, my purse was in it, my business checkbook, my laptop, everything and my cash..." .... She ran to the police department that is less than a block away from her business and reported what had happened.
Of course, shock and adrenalin can do strange things to one's judgment, but forgetting that one is carrying is a pretty serious mistake, and running past and away from one's running car that contains one's belongings is surely not the wisest strategy.

And saying that one will get a bigger gun if it happens again does sound pretty darn silly.
Old April 5, 2012, 06:01 PM   #10
Walklightly

Video is gone, but that reminds me of a situation of an old WW2 vet that was attacked in a home invasion, the two brother's were stabbing him in the head, yes,.. the head.

He pulled out his little (Can you get any smaller?) NAA mini 22 revolver, and shot them.

They ran away to the ER. NAILED!

In so many words, he said next time, and he said to him self in the interview "Shut up"
Old April 5, 2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Frank Ettin
Staff

Drive-by and copyright policy violations.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread