The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old March 5, 2012, 12:10 PM   #1
TRguy

Para TTR rifle

Bought this from CDNN few months back. They got slew of them from Para Ordnance as they were dumping their stock from left over parts of the this discontinued platform. Supposedly they gave the rights back to AL Zitta and he is to continue on producing the rifle and going back to calling it the LR-300 Rifle.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-rifle-market/

From CDNN
$1300 for the Rifle, 10 Para mags, 5 Magpul Mags, Single point Sling

I have added, Magpul BUIS front and rear, Magpul MOE, Burris Red Dot.

Initial range test resulted in several double taps, triple bursts, and out right mag dumps. The hammer would not lock back and follow the bolt forward. In breaking it down and doing some research seems the light weight BCG (Half the size of a standard AR, and the heavy Op Rod spring combines with heavy standard FCG springs, and standard hammer) With anything other than Federal XM-193 it wouldn't function properly.

So I then swapped out the standard springs for JP Reduced power spring kit (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7...WER-SPRING-KIT) and a JP Speed Hammer (http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.4_sh.php)

The result what 100% proper function using my reloads, Federal XM-193, Sellier & Bellot, Winchester WWB, and multiple mags; C-Products, Magpul, Para,...

Now I did have intermittent function with the TULA ammo, but I find this ammo is cheap for a reason. Inconsistent loads, and under powered. I also had some issues with my Thermold mags. However, the Thermold were only cheap banger mags for range use anyways.

Old June 30, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Pinion327

I know this thread is ancient, but I was wondering if your FCG solution for the TTR has held up over time. I've sent my upper back to Para twice, have put it on five different lowers, and I am still having issues...

Thanks
Browning 22 Auto; CMMG M10 MedCon 5.56; EAA Witness Match 10mm,40sw,45acp; Glock 29/30 10mm,40sw,357sig,45acp; HK USP Expert 45acp; HK USP Tactical 45acp; HK USP Tactical 40sw; HK USP Match 9mm; HK USP Stainless 10mm,40sw, HK USPc 9mm,40sw,357sig; Rem 870 WM; Rem 870 SuperMag; RRA LAR-9; Ruger 10/22; Ruger MkIII Hunter; Ruger SRH .480

Last edited by Pinion327; June 30, 2013 at 08:55 PM.