The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old February 15, 2012, 06:11 PM   #1
MoBart

Carbine/tactical matches?

I shot IDPA for a long time and have shot a little IR50/50 wow was that fun and tough, but being way into AK and AR carbines now Im looking for tactical or action type matches to shoot them in. Other then 3 gun anyone have any ideas or info?
Old February 16, 2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Don P

Perhaps knowing where you live would be helpful or should we guess?. The range where I am a member has a carbine match every month.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old February 16, 2012, 07:51 AM   #3
MoBart

Good point. I live in the Kansaa.City area
Old February 16, 2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Viper225

MOBART
We have just added Shotgun to our match. You can shoot either Handgun and Carbine, or Handgun, Carbine, and Shotgun.
We also shoot a Sniper Match, or Multi Range F Class on the same day.

We normally engage 9 targets with 2 rounds each in the Shoot House with the handgun, then 18 or so with the carbine in the valley. All are double tapped. The shotgun is 5 rounds normally when you come out of the shoot house. You can always borrow a shotgun if you need one.

We are near Houston Missouri. Next Match 26 February starting a 9:00 AM. The 2/3 gun runs all day. Multiple entries welcome. First Entry $10, all additional entries $5. We also have a Rimfire Division.

http://bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

Bob
Old February 17, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5
MoBart

Thank you Bob, Im not sure where Houston Mo is but Im pretty excited. At the moment the only completed carbine I have is an AK74, will that be an issue or concern? Im working on an ar but its still missing a few parts. And, the 74 shoots well enough and ammo is cheap enough Im not in a huge rush. Thank you again for the info.
Old February 21, 2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Viper225

MOBART
No problem at all. We have had M1A's, FAL's, AK's, and several others used. We also have a Rimfire Division. I normally shoot:

RIMFIRE
AR15-22 (Tactical Solutions M4 Upper, Mil Spec 6 position stock, steel lip Black Dog Magazines)
Ruger MK III 4" Hunter (Custom Made by BoomStickHolsters Kydex holster and dual magazine carrier)

CENTERFIRE
Colt M4
XDm 40
ScatterGun Tech TR870 12 gage (Nashville Tennessee not Wilson Combat)

Come on down, you will have a blast. Normally we start out a little slow in the morning, and pick up speed during the day. This would be a good place to get the girl friend in some trigger time also. In the morning when it is slow is a great time for a new shooter.

Bob
Old March 6, 2012, 06:53 PM   #7
MoBart

Viper Im kinda changeing a custoday situation, so gotta fjgure out a 4 hour drive with 4 kids lol. Really does sound like a really good time.