The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 13, 2012, 10:49 PM   #1
mssurrey

Sights for Witness Match

I just bought a witness Elite Match in 45acp but am a little diappointed in the standard sights (which aren't even 3 dot!).

So i want to change these out. However, the rears are adjustable so is there any point in changing those out ? given that they would be quite expensive? Should I just change the front sight?

I'm not worried about night sights as this isn't my HD gun. But I would like hi-viz or at least very clear sights for daytime range use.

Why type of sights and from where do you recommend?

Last edited by mssurrey; February 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old February 14, 2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Fargazer

Henning Shoots Guns is the only place I found for Witness sights (other than EAA).

Depending upon how much backlog work they have, Dawson Precision will sometimes fit sights to a gun. They have an excellent selection; I use their fiber optic sights on my Glock, and am Very Pleased. The only catch is, EAA has a reputation for being very picky about warranty support (at least compared to some other companies); when I called them about aftermarket sights they said any work on the slide would void the warranty.
Old February 14, 2012, 08:23 PM   #3
mssurrey

Quote:
when I called them about aftermarket sights they said any work on the slide would void the warranty.
They've got to be kidding - why on earth would changing the sights void the warranty??? (I assume changing sights is regarded as 'work on the slide').

Eitehr way the sights are terrible and i'll need to change them. I'll try Hennings. Thanks
Old February 14, 2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Fargazer

To clarify, EAA meant if the gunsmith would need to alter the existing dovetails or sight mounting features on the slide itself, it would void the warranty on the pistol.