The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 8, 2011, 12:47 PM   #1
spearman

Buying from Bud's Gun Shop

Has anyone dealt with Bud's?They have the best price for what I want[Ruger LCP].I just want to make sure they're cool to deal with.
Old June 8, 2011, 12:49 PM   #2
travywestside

i have bought two guns from buds without any problems
Old June 8, 2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Geezer Squid

I bought a gun from them just a few weeks ago. All went smooth. The only issue I had was that it took them 7 full days to actually ship the gun. But other than that, everything was as they said it would be.
Old June 9, 2011, 09:02 AM   #4
FTG-05

Given their credit card security breaches the last couple months, if I were to use a CC with them, the first thing I'd do after the order is ask my credit union to cancel and issue me a new card and card number.

Good luck.
Old June 9, 2011, 09:07 AM   #5
aarondhgraham

I've made three orders from Buds,,,

In all three cases the gun hit my LGS in no more than 6 days,,,
I call that very fast service:

Ordered on Sunday - Received it next Saturday.
Ordered on Monday - Received it next Thursday.
Ordered on Monday - Received it next Thursday.

I think the fast service may have been due to the fact,,,
My LGS had already filed their FFL with Buds,,,
No wait while paperwork was transferred.

All in all their service has been hassle-free.

Aarond
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old June 23, 2011, 10:26 PM   #6
sig_40

I bought a Rem 700 SPS Tactical from Bud's three weeks ago. Web sits said "in stock" but it took them 7 days to ship. UPS took possession of the gun in Shreveport, La. on the 7th day. Bud's store is in Ky so I guess it wasn't in-stock after all. So counting weekends it took 12 days to deliver what was supposed to be less than 300 mile shipment. You get what you order. Just when dealing with Bud's, patience is the key.
Old June 23, 2011, 11:18 PM   #7
dogtown tom

Quote:
sig_40 I bought a Rem 700 SPS Tactical from Bud's three weeks ago. Web sits said "in stock" but it took them 7 days to ship. UPS took possession of the gun in Shreveport, La. on the 7th day. Bud's store is in Ky so I guess it wasn't in-stock after all. So counting weekends it took 12 days to deliver what was supposed to be less than 300 mile shipment. You get what you order. Just when dealing with Bud's, patience is the key.
Bud's drops ships firearms from distributors all around the country......in your case it was Sports South. This saves $$$ because the distributor doesn't ship to Bud's, saving the cost of that shipment.

If immediate satisfaction is preferred over the lowest possible price you shouldn't be ordering from any internet retailer but your local gun store.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old June 24, 2011, 01:46 PM   #8
deadcoyote

I hear others nay-say bud's on the inter=webs. Personally, I've bought three guns and all transactions were good, and the best price around. unfortunately, in dirty CA a lot of FFL's are refusing to accept orders from Bud's as they are upset with losing so much business. I'd check with your FFL in advance is all I'd tell you.
Old June 24, 2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Duckkkkk

I just ordered a rifle from Centerfiresystems. It shipped in one day and should be here Monday. Now if the rifle turns out to be what they represented it to be, I'll be singing their praises all over the place as the price was 100 bucks less then I could find anywhere else.

They sent me 2 pictures of the actual gun, a Savage with Accutrigger, the gun had the accutrigger sticker right on it, but had a price I couldn't believe.

We shall see.
Old June 24, 2011, 02:44 PM   #10
Logs

Purchased about a dozen toys from them they are good to go.
Old June 24, 2011, 04:56 PM   #11
dogtown tom

Quote:
Duckkkkk I just ordered a rifle from Centerfiresystems. It shipped in one day and should be here Monday. Now if the rifle turns out to be what they represented it to be, I'll be singing their praises all over the place......
I do quite a few transfers from Centerfire Systems and have yet to have a disappointed customer.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old June 24, 2011, 06:25 PM   #12
SadistAssassin

I've bought 2 guns from Buds, they're awesome....best prices on the internet with free shipping!!
Old June 24, 2011, 06:33 PM   #13
rantingredneck

I've bought 5 or 6 guns from them over the last several years, both new and used. Never had a problem. Usually they arrive in 2-3 days. I use an FFL that's already on file with them (several to choose from in my area).

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old June 24, 2011, 07:17 PM   #14
rdmallory

I am local to them. Part of the problem is they get slammed at times. From internet orders and counter sales. I was in there a couple weeks ago to pick up a 1919a4 receiver side plate and stood in line for about 30 minute. I saw no less then 5 purchases made in that 30 minutes from the counter I was standing at. I have a PMR30 order and I checked last month and they sold over 600 in the short time they took pre-orders.

Doug
Old June 24, 2011, 10:19 PM   #15
GDCooper

One online purchase from them (GunBroker), great price and service, shipped quickly. I'd certainly buy from them again.
Old June 25, 2011, 01:33 AM   #16
rodent.22

no problems when I ordered my pistol. Excellent transaction.....
Old June 25, 2011, 08:41 PM   #17
Shadi Khalil

My wife ordered me a S&W 637 from buds a few months ago. It was the lowest price she could find (and she will search to the end of the internets to find a deal) shipping was included and it only took 6 days. I will definitely buy from them in the future.
Old July 6, 2011, 12:42 PM   #18
jhansman

Of several orders with Buds, only one negative experience (gun was damaged prior to shipping), which they made good on. Took a while with some cross shipping, but ultimately I was satisfied. All other transactions were seamless and quick. Recommended.
Old July 6, 2011, 07:42 PM   #19
JAG06

I've purchased many guns from Bud's with no problems. The have the best prices around shipping included. They offer free 90-day layaway, too. A few times, the guns were drop shipped from a distributor, but they are still "in stock" in their supply chain. It doesn't matter to me whether UPS picks up the package in Shreveport or Lexington.
Old July 7, 2011, 05:35 PM   #20
WWWJD

Bud's is pretty much the only place I'll shop anymore; no point in going anywhere else. They've brutally undercut any price I've gotten on anything I've ever shopped around for. Bought my last four firearms there.

NRA Endowment FTW
Old July 15, 2011, 11:09 PM   #21
bcoverss

I've bought 4 guns from them without any problems and for hundreds less than local dealers. Received within 3 to 5 days each time. Best price on the 4 guns I bought, but don't assume they are always the lowest price because they sometimes are not. I bought a High Point 45 acp carbine from a local dealer for $50 less than Buds and a Saiga 12 ga shotgun from Gunbroker for $100 less than Buds. Look around locally and the internet for the best price, and let each one know you bought from the other. Competition is good it’s how capitalisms works.
Old July 26, 2011, 10:02 PM   #22
Stuohn

Bought a Beretta CX4 from Buds @ March this year and they waited the 7 days to ship which I expected but, when I went to pick up the carbine I noticed they sent the wrong caliber

Called them and no one answered. So I had to call like I was placing a new order and eventually someone answered. They told me not to accept the gun and they would send UPS to pick up the carbine and after they received it would send the correct caliber.

I asked if that meant about a week to return and another to ship the correct one I was looking at least another two weeks for them to even ship?
She said that sounded about right. So I told her I would rather just get a refund. She said it would be a week after they received the carbine.

So a couple weeks later my FFL calls me and asks why nobody has picked up the carbine. I call again (new order line) and they tell me that someone has canceled the call tag. After explaining everything to this guy he tells me that if I still wanted the correct caliber carbine he would have it shipped that day (before they received the other one) which he did.

So to sum it up MY first experience was less then perfect but, they did make it right eventually. So I would probably go through buds again.

Oh, and my FFL is on file also.

Last edited by Stuohn; July 26, 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: add info
Old August 7, 2011, 06:01 PM   #23
mythree

Duds guns customer service is about as good as Wal-Mart - good luck with those flamers

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old August 7, 2011, 06:52 PM   #24
riverwalker76

I've not had any problems from them in the 5 years I've done business with them!

I've ordered everything from TC Encore replacement barrels to replacement stocks for a Thompson Sub-Gun along with about 12 guns total from them. Never had a problem!
Old January 4, 2012, 09:20 PM   #25
mlaszlo15

My only experience with Buds was in their shop, very helpful and friendly even though I handled about every .45 they had and didn't buy anything. One of the best stocked gun shops I've ever seen. You ought to see the psycho who posted a video on youtube about a gun he ordered, pretty sad someone like him can own a firearm.
Someone mentioned Centerfire. Before you place an order with them make sure they have it in stock because they won't tell you and you'll be placed on backorder without your knowledge. They don't provide tracking or let you know how much shipping is until you see it on your credit card bill.